The Corroboree
DiscoStu

wh oowns trichocereus "goliath"

please post a pictures of it, i want to know what i'm getting myself into :)

• Like 1

I initially thought it was a pachanoi, but then it was labelled peruvianus. Mine are only tiny so too early for me to say. Anyone who can clarify it?

defo seen pics on here , dnt recall the thread but memory's never been my thing :3

they may have been Olive's pics but not sure now..

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33132&hl=goliath#entry382994

post # 6

" it came from country SA, may be the plant I know as Goliath, fat and blue, an absolute ripper and a very hardy beast. Grows very tall and fat with minimal basal branching compared to other trichs, and the arms are typically very upright. I have not seen it with such long spines but I still believe this is the same plant as spination is highly variable depending on growing conditions across our state."

post # 10

"I didn't name it Goliath, but the name is fitting. In the 44th post, fourth photo of this post http://www.shaman-au...=1 is a picture of him. I'll let you be the judge of their relationship. My guess is a peruvanoid x ? (scop?) but it is anyone's guess and my feeling is that it has been in Australia for 50+ years and may have come to our country as a cutting true to type and may be a natural hybrid. I have found it only twice in two separate rural gardens. I find this plant to be an excellent architectural statement in the garden. "

goliath.jpg

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 7