The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
starling

Race relations solved by lightnin' hopkins in one song

Good to see you posting again Starling.

Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way a few months back. We have a way of challenging each others beliefs here to try and reach a higher truth, that was my only motivation, it was nothing personal.

Anyway along the lines of social harmony here's a classic from Tim Minchin.

I don't recall the issue of contention, honestly. It's unlikely I was too aggrieved, though. It was something to do with buddhism? Or rec drug use? I haven't been genuinely angry (or at least deeply angry) for some time. These days, I kind of watch the world as one might watch a black comedy that isn't particularly funny and take some small pleasure in satirizing it occasionally. Anger & the ego are smaller mountains to climb than sadness and love, I believe. Those two might be the hardest battles. Perhaps too hard for someone not fit to wear the yellow robes.

Dukkha; very few birds escape the net, apparently. :scratchhead:

I remember the explicit & implicit details of our previous discourse. As I said it wasn't meant to be offensive just challenging.

I posted that Tim Michin vid before I read your post in rants, it wasn't intended as a challenge to your beliefs - it was just agreeing that we all need to evolve and have an honest look at ourselves & our pre-concieved notions.

I'll never be fit to wear robes of any colour (many here will attest to that) I'm on my way and maybe I'll get there in the next lifetime.

Edited by Sally

Oh, cool--I'm a Neo-Fascist also.

Anything else?

I've got to say, it's been a while since I've been forum-stalked. It's no less creepy this time around. But funnier, at least.

Edited by starling

olive why are you trolling?

Ahhhh

A question worth answering

Probs for the same reason why people choose to post inflammatory and ill informed aspersions on religions and cultures.

Posting out of context hate rants and YouTube vids is a popular past time on here, makes the poster seem all educated n that, when really they grasp at straws to support their revolting points of view.

It's easy to bash all believers of one religion or another

It's easy to post hate

It's so easy

It was the Irish, Italians, then the Vietnamese, Cambodians, Sudanese and now it's Arabs

This county is a county that is built on immigration and all its colourful aspects.

We are all immigrants.

Time has proven the majority stands against all forms of extremism, be it in the physical world or on social networks.

Time has proven that extremism is oppression.

I will never stand back n let those who wish to contribute to hateful racism and vile opinions have a unquestioned or untrolled run

Fuck them, fuck their hate.

The majority of the followers of Islam are peaceful, loving people who care for nothing but harmony and peace.

Ahhhh

A question worth answering

Probs for the same reason why people choose to post inflammatory and ill informed aspersions on religions and cultures.

Posting out of context hate rants and YouTube vids is a popular past time on here, makes the poster seem all educated n that, when really they grasp at straws to support their revolting points of view.

It's easy to bash all believers of one religion or another

It's easy to post hate

It's so easy

It was the Irish, Italians, then the Vietnamese, Cambodians, Sudanese and now it's Arabs

This county is a county that is built on immigration and all its colourful aspects.

We are all immigrants.

Time has proven the majority stands against all forms of extremism, be it in the physical world or on social networks.

Time has proven that extremism is oppression.

I will never stand back n let those who wish to contribute to hateful racism and vile opinions have a unquestioned or untrolled run

Fuck them, fuck their hate.

The majority of the followers of Islam are peaceful, loving people who care for nothing but harmony and peace.

ok,well here's the problem:

Firstly, you are too much of a doughnut to differentiate between race and culture. At no point have I used the word 'Arabs', and at no point have I made racial attacks against anybody or any group whatsoever. If you can tell me what race Islam is, I'll quit the forum.

And you're right--extremism is oppression. And nothing does extremism like Islam.

Mate, you really need to stop stalking me on the boards, It's weird, creepy, and dirty. I cannot believe you would stoop to trying to derail my thread in plant sales and trade. What a germ.

So pretty please, with sugar on top--fuck off. Just leave me alone.