The Corroboree
Alchemica

Wanted: Plants for community garden and suggestions!

Looking for plants for my local community garden which now has a small medicinal plants section. That could expand to a bush tucker section, too. They need to be suitable for a community garden in Adelaide, that is medicinal not dangerous [the garden is in a school].

So far there is only brahmi, ashwagandha and gotu kola...

I'd like to add some hardy plants.

Looking for [this will expand]:

-Sceletium cuttings

+ suggestions for what to plant there?

Happy to pay cash or trade, not that I have much to offer. Also happy to use SAB/established vendors if suggestions are made here

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

can Adelaide cater for outdoor virola at all ?

not got any yet myself...

but dioecious so...needs a male and a female .. at least.

and from what i gather... the wetter and warmer; the better.

could plant in 45metre spacings like sweetcorn blocks but minus the 5th in the centre... if room would allow...leaving plenny of room for populating the gaps with all our fave tropicals and "community plants"

that we can select for safety and medicinal value ..

obviously water will be key and may open the door for aquatic ventures ,...

mind you I dnno if that's an open invitation to crocs or something for all i know...

legged invaders obviously need some sort of protocol to deal with, that complies with the local fauna's ethics...

perhaps some building or shelter for both planties and peeps ... or many small ones with specific themes perhaps?

is a small biodome out of reach? I dnno what resources you have or that can be pulled in co-operatively .. maybe just dreaming aloud :3

if I think of anything else cool I will edit it in ...

and gladly edit out if there's anything not cool about the suggestions -due to my being Australially challenged here on the other side of the world :innocent_n:

perhaps having more than one location would be a consideration for community gardens ?

..unless special indoor adaptations would suffice...

any other local schools wanna collaborate too and share tween em plants and successes?

defo got some neurophylla , burkittii and small seed acuminata for the community garden if you'd like some.

-are they dangerous? /is it ok to grow them there?

and probably more things in the future too so long as it's ok to send them.

and happy to send them for nothing in return ..

other than to know our next generations are gna rawk compared to the stiffs that preceded us..

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1