The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
rahli

Alicia anisopetala seed giveaway

A lot of conflicting information online.

A plant from South America often compared to Black Cappi.

Seems to have some simularities to Black Caapi in effect but, lingering positives effects re mood up to a week longer ,potentiates Mary jane/smoked dmt, claims that increases the overall strength & duration of entheogens.

Reports of increased body temperature,glowing/metalic quality to vision,MAO inhibition,effects harmala like.One claim that at 45gms no effects except for nausea ,other claim active at 50gm.

Found a claim that the plant was tested and,that the leaves contained Dmt ,i dont know if that was ever confirmed

We need some personal experiences to confirm the effects

Edited by mrp11

Alicia anisopetala, also known as Black Ayahuasca, Trueno, Thunder and Black Caapi is a plant found in Bolivia, Brazil and Peru that belongs to the Malpighiaceae family. It's a rare and largely undocumented plant that is purported to contain both tryptamines and beta carbolines.

post-16882-0-91787500-1444551134_thumb.j

It does seem that there is very limited information about this plant and if given the chance to grow some seeds I will definitely put seeds, seedlings and cuttings back into this community at my cost. I've just bought a nice 5 acre property on the side of a hill with undulating land and a lot of spots that range from full sun to fully shaded. I chose this property because it has a northerly aspect and turn the key on 6th November. My idea is to plant it out with as many plants that suit the environment.

post-16882-0-91787500-1444551134_thumb.jpg

post-16882-0-91787500-1444551134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxofoz

Wow yes pls!! !! :-)

Ooh cool giveaway mate. I've been trying to research this mysterious liana for some time and never has a plant sent me in so many circles.

The Genus name Alicia honors the French Botanist Alicia Lourteig(1913-2003). There are only two species in the genera which belong to the family Malpighiaceae. The other species being A.macrodisca. Both species are widespread in South America, growing in forests and woodlands, secondary vegetation and along rivers. One of its distinguishing features are densely hairy white/pink/lilac petals that are completely concealed by the sepals during enlargement of the bud. I could go on a bit here but i'll spare you all the incomprehensible botanical jargon.

In terms of its ethnobotanical usage, well.... Every scant piece of data I come across seems to have an equal and opposing force so to speak. Some internet sites claim that it contains both beta carboline and tryptamine alkaloids and yet analysis have proven otherwise. Some sites speak of it being used for divination in the same way that B.caapi is utilized yet I challenge anyone to find a Paper with reference to its usage in any traditional/medicinal form. I found an obscure paper by a ethnobotanist who was studying traditional aya usage with the Matses(I think from memory) who states that he took a sample to a tribal elder and was told that it was "just a jungle vine". On related Ethno Forums the subjective experiences seem to be conflicted.

None of this is conclusive?? In terms of the scientific botanical literature, the plant knowledge in the Amazon Basin and Guiana Shield is vast, there's a hell of alot we don't know. The Ethnobotanist was only with one tribe of many in the region that utilise Aya. The forums are merely conjecture. And just because it has tested negative for B carboline alkaloids doesn't mean it's not active.

My personal opinion is that it does not have a history of ethnobotanical usage. Whether this is from a mis ID in the field like what may or may not of been the case with P.cartha (Shultes&Hofmann 1992), or a language barrier/ miscommunication between a Traditional Healer and a western Scientist, or even dodgy oversees vendors whom are finding something else to pillage from the Amazon and sell to discerning customers. This is only my opinion and I would love to be wrong.

At the end of the day it is a beautiful liana with shimmering silver leaves and gorgeous flowers typical of the family. It would also grow very well in FNQ :wink:

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Great info. Thanks.

Sorry if this cross thread has confused things.....but if you want to be in the running for the seeds you will need to post your contributions into the working thread in the op link

Hey guys,

Great info. Thanks.

Sorry if this cross thread has confused things.....but if you want to be in the running for the seeds you will need to post your contributions into the working thread in the op link

YEAH - Underneath my​ post...P​'s Dog