The Corroboree
mimzy

Tuber melanosporum culture

Hi fun guys,

I want to get a T. melanosporum culture to have a play around with. I can't seem to find anyone selling pure cultures within Australia, so my plan is to buy a small fresh 70g fruit body and isolate it myself. At that size, cost will be $150-200 for the truffle. Is anyone interested in sharing the cost, and I'll bang out the cultures for you?

Otherwise, if anyone else has a T. melanosporum culture I would gladly buy and or trade you for it.

With love,

Mimz

Awesome mushfun, we will see how many people are keen and if everyone is happy with the cost, we will split it and I'll get cracking on the isolation and culture.

• Like 1

Do you have a good agar recipe for culturing truffles? I think there's one in a book by a doctor of mycology who was the first (and only one afaik) to successfully grow a white truffle (Tuber magnatum) I have back home, I can post it in a month or two if you want it.

I'm sure you know, but for anyone who thought it's the same as with any other mushroom, cloning truffles isn't just a simple piece of flesh on a plate of MEA. Lots of inorganic salts and chemicals are needed, as well as perfect pH.

Thank you Berengar, I am aware. It is the Black truffle (Tuber melanosporum) I want to grow here. If it allays any concern, I will be using MMN + ME and MMM. I am happy to provide +1 plate of each media for subculturing. Culture time is 6 weeks.

Bumpaloo. No time like the present, will be ordering Friday. If you want in pm me before then. Thanks.

• Like 1