The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psyentist

T. pachanoi 'Music Teacher'

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired a cutting of a pachanoi clone named 'Music Teacher'....
post-11385-0-41514500-1436399459_thumb.j
I personally have never heard of this clone, or even heard mention of it, but it's quite unique among my pachs, very short, very dark spines.
Then the other day I was doing a bit of research on the 'Lance' clone when I came across this thread...
http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10813&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1
In it, a member called BlackDragon posts....
"ah, now I see that I too must have a quazi cordo too. Ive always wondered why I have a different, what I call in my mind a "dark or black spined cylindrical/rounded pachanoid".
From Revs pics it looks like mine.
I recieved the plant via an old music teacher, her uncle was the owner of a huge cacti seedling/grower back in the 70's-80's. She noted that her uncle said this was one of the most p***** strains he had come across... although I have never gotten around to examine. I did propagate a few feet this year to boost stocks... I wonder if its the same clone or same seedlots from wayback. Any ideas on origin anyone?Rev?"
Unfortunately Rev's reply was deleted but going by the discription and the source I think it might be the same plant BlackDragon is talking about. (Edit: I should mention the person I got it from said they got it from someone in South Aus who got it from their music teacher. BlackDragon's location : South Aus!)
Very interesting!
It seems he/she hasn't been active on the forum since 2011 but from what I can gather they introduced the 'Bruce' and 'Mum & Dad' bridgesii clones to the community. So I figure someone must know who they are.
So I guess my questions are, does anybody else grow this 'Music Teacher' clone?
And also, does anybody know BlackDragon or know how to contact them?
Or does anybody know who the big cactus growers around the 70's or 80's were?
Thanks guys, I'm quite excited about delving into the history of this clone a little more.

post-11385-0-41514500-1436399459_thumb.jpg

post-11385-0-41514500-1436399459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psyentist
  • Like 5