The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tangled

palo santo effects?

I was wondering if it was possbile that palo santo was psychoactive in anyway? I've been in the habit of burning it as incense beside my bed while trying to sleep and each time I had very vivid and trippy dreams during the night, that almost lucid in nature and had great personal meaning. Then in the morning when I got up I felt very lightheaded and had diffculty grounding myself in reality.

Edited by tangled

It is powerful stuff indeed, i wouldnt be surprised at all if there was some kind of psychoactivity associated with it, although maybe not in the general sense we use this word to signify. Essential oils can have such an incredible effect on the state of conciousness, yet sniffing an oil isnt generally considered partaking of a psychoactive substance (thank goodness)

I love it.

I suppose it could also depend on your relationship to the plant as to how it would affect you. I was introduced to it along with the notion that it is a very sacred and reveered thing and thus i approached it as such, using with great respect and appreciation. I havent noticed it affecting my dreams but in general it seems to elicit a deeply calming, rejuvinating and grounding response in me when i burn it. Ive used the ash on points of psychosomatic pain during bouts if mind exploration and found it to work wonders. I have found it to be profoundly helpful in times of crisis, or even when just talking about difficult and dark things with friends, and know a couple others who rely on it for spiritual fortification when things go haywire.

...Ima go burn some now :)

• Like 1

Yes that's why i was interested in it as i read it is used like white sage in purification and spiritual protection rituals. Only acquired it recently. Didn't expect to have this kind of effect on me at all. The smell is lovely very sweet.

• Like 2