The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Bowie

I was lucky enough to see Bowie at his concert recently.

Although he was tiny from where i was, and many of the oldies in the audience were quite subdued, he soon got things going with some of his older tracks.

Infact it was atleast 1/2 older tracks - even obscure ones like 'Quicksand' from Hunky Dory for which he admited he had to read the lyrics partially from a sheet...

He was very fit looking, well and his voice never failed once in three hours of singing. Even in heroes were he flirted with the scretched high notes, he never missed a trick.

Although he avoided some of the tracks i was looking forward to - alwasy crashing in the same car - etc, he was still awesome.

9/10 from me - the only 10/10 ive seen was mercury rev - so he did well..

Guest electro

i saw him also ... brilliant - the best concert i have ever seen.

My only regret is that i didnt go twice (as i doubt he will come back again ).

Under pressure was impressive, with his guitarist doing an excellant job singing freddies part.

caught bowie up here in briz 2!V cool show -wierd vibe initially from crowd - who sat for the whole show, until he cranked out his classics. cool set choice, with alot of new material....commanding performance!!infected mushroom this weekend!!!

Yeah it was a little subdued in melb - but about half the crowd didnt have grey hair, so we reved things up pretty quickly.

He was awesome - and as my mate said - we even communicated - i yelled out bowie when all was quiet and he smiled before starting a song. SInce ive always been a huge bowie fan - it was awesome.

As for infected mushroom, they are coming to the outdoor earthcore event that they decided rather stupidly to put on the monday of the long weekend.

Im not big on infected mushroom - everything ive heard i could have done on an old amiga tracker program in half an hour - basic drum sequences, a few 808 twists and filters that were borderline obsolete in 96, and the occassional scratchy 8 bit 'psychedelic' sample to make them cool - its all very dated and more mainstream psytrance groups like Juno Reactor do it so much better.