The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

Psychedelics and mind

Does multiple use of psychedelics indicate a person who is more comfortable with their mind?

Figure that subjecting yourself to 3,6 or 12 hours of time, where the mind has more power to create reality. Tends to indicate a certain level of confidence regards what the mind will come up with.

I know several people who admit they were hiding behind psychedelics and it fucked them up long term.

Perhaps it indicates people comfortable with their mind but not with other people?

Depends on what you mean by multiple use. I also knew someone who spent some time in an asylum believing he was a werewolf.

I guess you'd have to be comfortable within yourself to use ayahuasca/DMT or larger doses of psilocybin or LSD,so would you still get much enjoyment after 'abusing' these substances for a length of time?

I once knew a werewolf who was convinced he was human :P

Perhaps it indicates people comfortable with their mind but not with other people?

In some people i think this is the case, it's partly my reason in some ways.

I think its people who want a more introspective view on their lives, and once you learn a little, theres and urge to continue further. Entheogens letting you know your place in the world and who you really are. Aswell as a good symbiotic relationship with the plants you grow and nature.

So i guess it's partly a thirst for knowledge that can't really be obtained in any other way.

It just seems like the right thing really. :)

Depends on what you mean by multiple use.

Added multiple to bypass people who might have taken a substance once without really knowing what they were getting into.

Ramon:

Does multiple use of psychedelics indicate a person who is more comfortable with their mind?

Figure that subjecting yourself to 3,6 or  12 hours of time, where the mind has more power to create reality. Tends to indicate a certain level of confidence regards what the mind will come up with.

People deal with lifetimes of defining their own reality through their own naturally occuring chemical imbalances.

Hmm, I'd have to agrre whole-hearteadly with Gerbil as well! I couldn't have said what I wanted to say any better than he's already said it :)

chris.

I know several people who admit they were hiding behind psychedelics and it fucked them up long term.

I know that if I was trying to hide I wouldn't choose psychedelics, I would go for alcohol or heroin.

So maybe the fact that they were aware that they trying to hide is a sign of some progress