The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomau5

Tropf Blumat - individual self watering system

Im a notorious over-waterer. Most of my plants love it but some I have been adding to my collection lately dont.

I was looking for a good moisture meter and stumble on what seems to be perfect for folks like me. I ordered a small set to try so I dont kill my plants till I get the hang.

They have been around for years and people using them seem to be impressed.

The Tropf-Blumat (Drip-Blumat) is a sensor that supplies plants with drips of water via thin tubing. As the soil dries, its natural suction power triggers the opening of the Tropf Blumat allowing the water to flow. When the soil is sufficiently moist, the Tropf Blumat automatically stops. The system functions fully automatically.

Every plant, every container or group of plants requires at least 1 Tropf-Blumat adjusted to the individual needs of the plant. Larger containers or surfaces require longer or more than one sensor. All Tropf-Blumats are connected using one supply tube, this allows for flexibility in the layout and is changeable at any time.

• Automatically waters individual plants, and only when needed
  • Connects directly to your hose tap or rain barrel
  • Easily installed with a pair of scissors
  • Inexpensive and works for years
  • Ideal for small or larger grow areas
  • Silent - makes no noise
  • No spray

https://blumatsystems.com

Anyone else using them?

I think it looks awesome. if it works as well as it appears to

I got a set, they work. Although I don't use them, can sell you my box of 12 if you want.

• Like 1

Received my TB next day after ordering from an ebay vendor. That never happens lol. Im keen to set it up this weekend. I also got the TB moisture meter. As suspected my plants I think are dry as a bone are soaking wet. ***oh look droopy leaves.. needs water...they still droopy....give em some MORE***

I think it will be a hit. Especially when Im away for extended periods. Ive been reading a TB thread on another forum. Its 250+ pages long!!. It makes for great night time reading. I nod off after a page or 2 :blink:

I got a set, they work. Although I don't use them, can sell you my box of 12 if you want.

If I I think I will put them to good use franky I will hit you up if nobody else does.

Big thumbs up for Blumats. It is just too easy. They hold set moisture level perfectly.

Plants are responding extremely well since I stopped hand watering

A couple of tips I learnt from the interwebs

Buy extra 3mm tube so you can move your plants around with more ease / freedom than connecting with the standard lengths to the 8mm feed in hose.

Put a bleed valve on the end of the 8mm feed lines. It gets rid of any air that may get in your lines and you have the ability to flush it out

To dial it in.Soak Blumats for 1 hour. Place in moist soil. Turn the adjustment knob till a drip holds on the end of the tube. Then dial it back another 1.75-2 arrows (makes sense when you are doing it) Adjust after a day or so to how much water your plant requires.

Edited by shroomau5