The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactuscarl

wtf are these? eggs?

I found these in the cactus patch. I cannot work out what they are... they're all rubbery and remind me of reptile eggs. We get big carpet snakes and things but they seem to big for that. Any ideas?

Lochnessyeti spawn, be afraid, be very afraid.....

Getafix

• Like 4

Wwhats size are they? If they are leathery sort of ? They may be some sort of reptile?

they look like drop bear eggs. be careful

• Like 2

it's hard to get a scale of their size but carpet python eggs aren't particularly small, they're pretty much one of the biggest reptiles in the southern end of aus.. so probably the best bet i'd say.. failing that, definitely drop bears

• Like 2

yep, they're monotremes, evolutionary anomolies, related to platypus & echidna's

• Like 1

Yeah first though was carpet snake but they are a bit longer than a bic lighter (funny how that has become a scale of measurement lol) but twice as thick. Which seems huge for a snake.

drop bears of course. No wonder I found them just sitting on top of the soil as everyone knows drop bears lay eggs and they are rubbery so they bounce when they hit the ground.

• Like 2

How abt drop crocs?? They used to hang out in Aussie a few million years ago. Relic population perhaps?? Man eaters naturally ...