The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
∂an

vaporising tobacco

so the other day curiosity finally got the better of me and I put some ground up damiana, wormwood and good quality organic tobacco in a volcano vaporiser. I gave it a good 200ºC blast and inhaled. Yes it doesn't taste as good as what your supposed to put in a volcano, but compared to the usual pyrolysis route it allows much smoother, perhaps less intense but certainly interesting experience. it allowed me better appreciate what exactly the taste and effect of tobacco is as it wasn't obscured by the experience of consuming smoke. has anyone else tried this?

Edited by ∂an

As far as i know, the Heat needed for Nicotine to vaporate is higher than the temp that will cause it to burn. So you probably end up with burned Leaves.

But i am interested in this. Have you tried vaporizing nothing but the tobacco?

Hmm yeah I read on Wikipedia that the vaporisation temperature of nicotine is 247 C, but there is definitely a nicotine effect in the 200 to 230 C range. I haven't tried only tobacco as for me things like Damiana, wormwood and blue lotus resin greatly improves the astringent taste of the tobacco.