The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-RC-

Pesticides, dung and shrooms

Hi all,

Just curious as to what the outcome would be regarding consuming mushrooms growing out of the dung of cattle that have been conventionally wormed/dipped/dosed up to the fucking eyeballs with all sorts of sinister shit? Obviously cattle process a lot of that stuff through excretion.

Do mushrooms take that up in a form of bio-accumulation, or do they somehow avoid taking it up due to the drying out of dung over a period of time, etc.? :huh::shroomer::puke:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Never thought about it but mushrooms do like to accummulate.

one of the biggest sub patches at latrobe uni was often sprayed for weeds and i often wondered but none of the trippers (including the bloke some years later who went all capitalist and picked them all, sold them to students to fund a european trip then bragged about it in the uni magazine) demonstrated ill effects that i was aware of.

other than forgetting which way was down or see robert plant manifest in a tree at the bar...

• Like 3

Some patches make my friends very watery eyed and flemmy where other patches don't show this trait... The patches I talk about which cause some adverse reactions are always in heavy industrial areas. The patches from out bush or not in industrial sale yards seem to be a lot nicer in the bodily output of ooze dept... Both subs and cubes.

• Like 2

They would be more likely to feed on the Ag. chems by breaking them down/metabolising. Into less sinister components.

Metals are a likely candidate for bioaccumulation.

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

sprays like roundup that farmers use to spray thistle and shit . break down within hours ass wormers and tick spray the same . i cant see heavy metal in our area R. choice being a problem..

anywho guess what u are eatiing??? poison :shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::shroomer::wub::shroomer::(

Edited by bullit
  • Like 3

mmmmmm poison :drool2::drool2::drool2:

• Like 3