The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
magical9

New Shade Structure 30%

Tags cut out of cans, with details etched in with a nail as a scriber does it for me.

Do the same with mushroom logs.

Paint pens are also useful as a double up, as its easier to read off the side of the pots than diving around to get to the tags

in the spikier places...lol

Ya its fake grass. It was here before me.

Haha, I can't believe I couldn't tell. Lol. That would explain the perfect edging then.

Well it looks nice :)

6B pencil then for labels that dont fade, wanted to ask about that, thanks

FYI the fake grass is for the grey hound rescue we have. so she can run around. albeit in a circle... BUT thats what the gf wanted. (before we met)

• Like 2

Paint pens work well too I find. It's paint in a pen. Also if u buy "permanent" markers that contain xylene and use only in well ventilated areas. Hardware stores sell them. They last better. I haven't had any fade yet.

looks like a good little shade house m9, $120 is a bit pricey though, i could have done it for about $10.. sorry if i sound like a smart arse, just sayin ; ) It does look nice though & your plants look right at home..

How could you build a similar structure for 10$... ? the shade screen itself cost over 10$

I recently bought 20m of decent quality 30% for $10. That structure only has about 4m at most I reckon.. bamboo & tie wire or small recycled bolts or even zip ties would make an extremely sturdy, very solid & good looking structure, if I couldn't find any bamboo, an unlikely scenario in most parts of the world, I would search the streets for any number of very decent structural components, of which there is an almost endless abundance. If I was gonna do that though I'd also just have a bit more of a look on the street for some nice 30% cloth (its bloody everywhere) & do the whole thing for free, save my $10 for a couple of largies to enjoy afterwards while I sit back & admire my handywork.

• Like 1

actually your structure is more than 4m, but still, it's amazing the stuff people throw away & what can be done with all kinds of found objects.. & i just have an aversion to supporting bunnings with my hard earned cents i suppose.

Edited by paradox