The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Caudata

is this variegation or just normal growth?

Hey, I created a new thread for this question because I wasn't sure where else to put it. My BK08612.4 seedling is starting to get a lot bigger and I noticed what look to be whitish/yellow spots appearing at the new growth. Do you think this is the beginning of variegated growth? I havent seen this on any of my other trichs.

Thanks!

85XIBlU.jpg

tNpEep9.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ohlone, don´t think it´s a variegation. But an awesome Plant and good camera too! :)

• Like 2

Gorgeous Plant! I got one that came labeled Peruvianus that has very similar spines, especially spine color

as well as the nice blue... it changes alot from yellow spines to orangish red, and dark blue or light blue skin

depending on intensity of sun... i'd love to find some seeds from that ... are all the BK seeds from SS?

I agree that its probably not any sign of variegation as many of mine do that when the heat is more intense

Thanks yall. The BK followed by collection number is how Ben identifies his plants at SS. I lucked out with this seedling; none of my other peruvs of similar size have such nice glaucus growth yet. I'm growing some Los Gentiles from him that are meant to be quite similar, collected from the same area, which are still in the small seedling stage with no real distinguishing features, but I'm very hopeful for them.

Too bad its not variegated. It hasnt been very hot here, most days in the low 70s (22C), and none of my other cacti are growing like this, but then again I dont have a huge collection from which to observe. I'm in my second year of collecting trichs, so theres still a lot of firsts for me!

• Like 2