The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ace1928

Looking for Cassava/Tapioca/Manioc

Hey guys

Looking for the cassava/tapioca plant if anyone would have any.
Short on funds currently but could throw a few bucks for your hassle sometime next week

Cheers :)

I've got heaps of cuts to go if you want to back the ute up.

could be difficult to grow in the Hunter Valley but i will be interested to know how successful you are if you do grow some.. how close are you to the coast? do you get frost? i assume you must be close to the coast & don't get frost otherwise cassava would be next to impossible without a greenhouse.. good luck, sorry i can't help

Yeh no frost here. Nice and close to the coast.
do have a few spots in the yard that are built to soak up heat during the winter too.
Hell ive got a coupe things growing here that just shouldn't be. So always up for the challenge.

Shortly would you be interested in mailing any of them?
Or are you somewhere close to hunter?

What do you use them for yourself?

Cheers for the wicked fast replies too

yeah for sure man, microclimates & creative plant system design should never be underestimated :) good luck!

• Like 1

Sorry i'm to the north of brisvegas.

I can probably find some small bits with a few nodes that could be posted.

I don't use them for much, the house cooks have decided that they don't like them.

I have occasionally dug up a root & tossed it in the stones n coals for a slow roast but normally only when we have African friends over, the yams & sweet potatos are always more popular, at least with the fair skinned crew.

I suppose its more a question of knowing how to prepare it so it is palatable to your villagers, ours are, for better or worse accustomed to a more western taste.

i reckon cassava is only worthwhile to eat if they're being processed en masse for flour.. taste like shit imo when eaten just like a potato. i've never known them to be eaten like that traditionally. The leaves make a pretty good green vegetable too