The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
CLICKHEREx

NZ - Legal high manufacturers' testing regimes inadequate - HA!

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/news/nbnat/465516995-legal-high-manufacturers--testing-regimes-inadequate

By: Felix Marwick, New Zealand News

Tuesday June 24 2014

Political considerations appear to have driven Government decisions on law changes around legal highs.

Last month the Government changed laws removing all products from sale and banning manufacturers from carrying out animal testing to prove their products are safe for human use.

Official papers show animal testing is needed for that regime to work.

Documents released today show animal testing would be essential, and need to involve rabbits and rodents, if testing regimes for the drugs were to be viable.

A letter written by Associate Health Minister Peter Dunne says any dilution of testing requirements would render any testing regime inadequate.

But Peter Dunne says there was no political backing for animal testing to be kept.

"I then came to the view, reassessing the material in March, April of this year, that this was unlikely to have political support and that was the basis of my recommendation to the Prime Minister not to proceed.

"It's a bit silly to put stuff up you're going to lose."

__________________________________________________________________________________

So, for a product to be approved, it must be tested on animals, yet they won't permit animal testing; how fucked is that?

No wonder the industry is going underground, where they will be unable to regulate it, nor protect underaged users.

Their government is abrogating its responsibility to the people, in an attempt to buy votes.

And this mostly brought about by a massive, concerted media campaign, which was very probably brought about by the alcohol industry, buying up shares in media corporations, to exert undue influence on editors to publish negative articles, in my opinion, and I'd be very interested in the results of an investigation by a freelance journalist in NZ into it, so I'll post this in TripMe and see what response it draws from the Kiwis.