The Corroboree
magical9

Is this Werd? Taqu? what ?

Question

5 answers to this question

that is so sexy

im a noob but id like to take a guess on only tacaquirensis / taquimbalensis

and with it being more heavily armoured than my tacaquirensis subsp' taquimbo...

id lean more toward taquimbo.. i mean taquimbalensis :)

but only excluding werder since my german old werdermannianus looks nothing like either of those...here it is with a random bee in mid-flightpost-14443-0-86725100-1403282038_thumb.j

or idve been tempted to say werdermannianus too - on the basis of what google images thinks are werdermannianus :)

i also bought 2 itty bitty cactlets not long ago that resemble the tips of the cacti in your post ...under the name of werdermannianus and some location data tho... , very chocolatey coloured spines early...

mutant and evil genius seem to be the best guys i can think of to ask about these, i hope they see this and help ya

- for years ive been googling taquimbo and ending up here reading mutants and eg's work

maybe a pm to them could elicit a helpful hand if not

so far i gather the best way of finding out if its a werdermannianus is if it flowers at the tip/crown only(from one of EG's post's of backberg pics)

DSC00002.JPG

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Yes, taquimbalensis/tacaquirensis. They are actually one species ! I think if you would use the old taxonomy, this would be tacaquirensis. But really, it doesn't make aa difference!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

sweet thanks guys! now i just gota remember how to pronounce it

• Like 1

taquimbalensis var. wilka , Trouts got a nice entry about it . Smith said some other names refer to it apart from tacaquirensis..

TH your 'werdermanianus' looks like a a taq/tac with terscheckii spines . lol :P

I know I grew my taq wilka from seeds than came as werdemanianus...

And my other taquimbalensis (the non wilka) came from sab as some KK werdemanianus

I think my tacaquirensis seedlings , some starting showing a bit of their mature self, and they are looking like actual. .... tacaquirensis / taquimbalensis, non wilka that is.... heheh...

Needless to say, the var wilka taq IMO is much much more handsome than the normal one... and is it my impression or it has thicker spines with more swollen bases?

I know I have seen ones with much heavier armour and denser areoles ... maybe one of yours TH ?

wowww if thats what my taca/taquimbos are gna look like when older but with their spines then yesss!!!! and fukkin eh! :bootyshake: thanks fella !

....the werdie does look like the 'werdermannianus that looks like terscheck a lil bit' , cuz it is that werdermannianus clone , same one from that old post ceres made

that ended up rotting : /

the hunt is on for the other werdermannianus clone now ;)

>x]

ummm.. my 2 taquimbo's are still rather small , tall egg shaped one is about 1 foot tall , the fat caveman club one is about 8-9 inches tall

unless a deceptive close up was the pic of mine.... then it may be someone elses?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ