The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-RC-

Binaural Beats?

Anyone got any experience with this kind of stuff? :huh:

Just had a listen to some on YouTube for about 5 mins of a much longer track and when I took my headphones off I had this watery/rain sound that slowly dissipated over about 10 minutes. Spun me out :blink:

• Like 2

Personally I reckon binaural beats are garbage. I guess if you had noise cancelling headphones that sound amazing it could be okay but I find it really boring and useless. Pure meditation is more laxing I reckon.
I also heard the sound wave that they are trying to transmit doesnt go through normal speakers or headphones. So that's a bit stupid. I tried a astral projection binaural beat to help me astral travel but no luck, Since then I have been skeptical to say the least.

But that iDoser thing was bullshit aswell, I have noticed you hear the sounds from the beats for a while after but that sort of annoyed me.

Usually I am quite open minded about stuff like this but I don't like binaural beats at all.

• Like 1

From my experiences listening to them I have to say that they did very little towards what they claimed to do...and from the research that I've read there seems to be nothing to back up those claims in any serious way...just the ocassional unexplained "might" and "maybe" that could have been attributed to any number of causes. I think placebo may have something to do with it as well...I remember back in the day there was this thing called "Holosync", which claimed to have hidden frequencies in it stolen from the military that would turn you into some kind of auto-meditating super-monk and solve all your problems. Although it actually achieved it's relaxing effects just from high-def rain and singing bowl sounds. I think they may actually still be selling those today.

• Like 1

I actually found the sound a bit disconcerting, hence my early switch off. I think it went for 15 mins or so, but 5 was more than enough for me.

Definitely didn't make me feel like I was having any kind of trip, but the residual sound in my ears was a worry to be honest :unsure:

• Like 1