The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Planthunter

New to Forum and New Zealand

Hello All,

I just joined this forum in this last week or so. Also I arrived in New Zealand 7 months ago from England to join my Kiwi girlfriend and hope to stay here permanently, never been to New Zealand before and have been surprised and refreshed by the differences in culture along with the strange familiaritity. It has been a bit of a culture shock in Auckland as there is a dark side to the place but I've been made welcome most of the time.

The climate has of course got my horticultural senses buzzing with excitement. We are in Auckland and I have been fascinated to see plants that wouldnt last 5 minutes in the UK growing outside in gardens, parks and of course the bushland, the incongruous sight of citrus trees laden with fruit growing alongside huge mature English oaks makes me smile.

Anyway, growing all sorts of interesting plants has been a big part of my life since I was a child so I'm looking to get back into it right away. It has been a big disappointment with sourcing seed and plants over here due to unavalability and maybe lack of communication between growers so and am really interested in getting to know people here to share experiences, enthusiasim and trade surplass seed and plants.

It would also be great to hook up with growers over here in NZ too. :wink:

• Like 3

Welcome bro! Always good to add another member too the NZ crew, I have a few varieties of seeds that I can send too you if interested and will send you a pm, I'm sure others will help you out aswell :)

• Like 1

hi I have seeds of

Carnegiea gigantea ' Saguaro'

Cleistocactus strausii (Spring harvested)

3 kinds of cereus crosses .......parent plants are C. per. x, C. jam, & C validus (x with each other)
(Spring harvested)........................

happy to send them to you.........................pm

• Like 1