The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lindsay

looking for ganoderma lucidum

I am on the hunt for reishi after some clown gave me oyster instead.

I got a whole heap cultures of this guy for free. spent a lot of time a effort cleaning up,

put to slants, growing on grains then sawdust for some, making up substrates.

I am relative new to this mycology stuff so its been a very demanding task learning as

I go. none of these cultures, I got had the mycelial characteristics that I had read or

looked at. then when grown on grain, non had the fragrance that matched the said mushroom.

well I should have stop there, but I didn't. now I have some 30 bags of 5 different mushrooms

ready to fruit that I have to split up into different growing conditions, just to try to fruit so I can

see what they maybe. my nightmare began when cheeking , what I thought was reishi now

i have what looks like blue oyster pins everywhere. I should have twigged back when on agar

or a least the smell when on grain. musty, mealy, not sweet, not pleasant does not mean

sweet fragrant, and pleasant. F F I feel stupid now, and the time I wasted.

well life must go on and forward. all I can do is fruit these and order some more reishi from china.

i don't see any the others being reishi, because none have what i would describe as musty, mealy, not sweet, not pleasant.

so any reishi culture or spores has anyone to sell.

or any other edible cultures or prints for sale. (good chance to make some money someone)

i am really keen to get a collection together

i love growing mushrooms its almost become

a religion to me.

got some ulmarius and shitake almost ready to pick, so the last few month are not in vain.

have a happy equinox everyone.