The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
myco

Ariocarpus , astrophytum and BAP

For me it's certain species that stall. And only those species. I'm pretty sure it's not alignment since I've done quite a few tests with these species. The ones that tend to stall on peres for me are L. diffusa, T. werdermannianus, A. asterias, and A. caput-medusae. No matter how they're aligned on peres they stall, but when I graft these on hylo or selen they start right up within weeks after taking. I've tried with about 10 different individuals from each species and get the same results every time.

And I've also noticed what you're talking about with how much of the seedling you keep for the graft. I've also noticed that with L. alberto-vojtechii if you cut it too far down on the seedling then about 50% of the scion on the stock will turn into a hard root section and only the top will be green flesh. I can post some pictures later. It's interesting to see how that effects developement.

• Like 1

I've grafted a couple A. asterias and L. diffusa's to peresk, no problems to speak of, but only 2-3 individuals of each; haven't tried the others you mentioned. They might not be as compatible as other species though

• Like 1