The Corroboree
chriso

Is it too late to germinate loph seeds

Hi all.. First time poster so be gentle. I have a few questions for all you seasoned green thumbs

I have finallly received my mixed loph seeds and I am excited to get started, but is it too late to germinate them as it is getting close to autumn and the temperature will start to fall in a few months. Question #2 I was at bunnings the other day and I saw a heated seedling humidity dome thing, would that be a option for my first question to nurse them through the cold winter days. And finally a soil mix which i can sow and leave them in for long term. I have a few ingredients which are perlite, potting mix, 3mm pea gravel, horticultural charcoal, sieved coarse sharp sand into fine, medium and coarse aswell as sieved river sand and quarried limestone from powder to large chunks. The place i have chosen to grow them is a south facing window in an attic room which over the past month has had a high air temp of 37c and low of 18c

Any suggestions or questions welcome

Welcome chriso

It's never too late or too early, if you can keep and provide a good environment your seedlings then you can always germinate any time of the year. Most people prefer to germinate during the winter months

This will help you a lot to get started

http://cactus-mall.com/ccc/

• Like 2

Not too late man, not if they are not inside.

Using the takeaway tek, ive had no issues with seed germed at this time of year.

Edited by Foo

I germinate cactus seeds all year long, take away tek in a 3 foot empty fish tank. with the fluro on a 14 hour timer.

get yourself a heatpad and small flouro light setup and you can germinate all year round :)

Thanks alot guys.. That link and the info you provided me will help me out heaps... cheers

Thanks for your help guys .. I will also do some searching too, now that I know how to do that.. Must be frustrating having to repeat topics that have been covered before .. Cheers