The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Brain Waves

Anyone ever used one of those mind-modulators?

web page

[ 03. May 2003, 13:50: Message edited by: mescalito ]

I used one, much cheaper than those listed, a few yers back. Heplful/useful, I don't know. Fun and kinda trippy, certainly.

Where would you get something like it in Aus?

My school has one, its not as modern as those but i guess its basically the same thing. Its very interesting since all ti is is timed beeps and flashing red LED's but you close your eyes and look through your eye lids at it. It starts off just being red and then it turn blue and purple adn you notice little images (i imagine its different for everyone). Its very interesting and does actually relax you, but its no magic cure you still have to be in a wanting to be relaxed mood, a strange alternative to meditation. I also found it a lot of fun to practice creative visualisation with (being rahter interested in how the mind works i love experimenting..with creative visualisation, lucid dreaming and expanding my conciousness:) ) I tried it once whilst after a J and couldnt leave it on for very long, it tripped my brain out ratehr heavily , made me feel as if i was travelling onf a roller coaster through glowing nebulas in space. My friend is planning an interesting experiment with it and some HBW seeds , ill be sure to let you know how it goes.

Sounds interesting

Had a mad experience with Mary + Pink Floyd's AnimalS CD(press play on the 3rd Roar of the MGM intro-y'a know the lion (also leave the CD on repeat album) to the video "The Wizard of Oz".

Synchronicity of two unrelated pieces of work-recorded at different times AMAZING :D

Should'a started a new thread

[ 05. May 2003, 02:06: Message edited by: mescalito ]

mescalito:

Where would you get something like it in Aus?

I've got three.

The best one was from a guy on the Gold Coast. My wife and some friends chipped in and got it for my birthday years ago.

I bought another from a company in Byron Bay (I think) who advertised in Nexus.

The third was one I designed and had an engineer friend help me make.

There have been quite a few electronics magazine schematics. And if you have a look on the web you can find plans on how to make them that work through your pc. There's probably links from www.bwgen.com

Taa,I'll check it out :)

you could always find some interesting white noise and sit in a dark room and watch and listen that seems to have an effect (apparently white noise is residual electromagnetic radiation left over from the big bang) or i have read that if you listen to the sound of white noise and close your eyes and have red light projected on to you eye lids in induces a states of REM and/or depending on how well you relax a level 1 sleep

infinite_monkey:

...i have read that if you listen to the sound of white noise and close your eyes and have red light projected on to you eye lids in induces a  states of REM and/or depending on how well you relax a level 1 sleep

I have done this (well very similar - I used halved ping pong balls over my eyes). The phenomenon is known as Ganzfeld (which means something like uniform field). There were ESP studies done using ganzfeld in the 50's.

It's pretty funky but you look like a bit of a dork :)

ZU-that's a trippy download, especially with headphones-I'll have a play with it(there is a U.S.$40.00 Reg fee to get full functionality),but intersting none the less.

Feel free to P.M. me if some-one out ther has a second-hand unit-Cheap :D

Maybe some NERD at Jaycar might be able to help with some L.E.D.'s,circuitary and a pair of those near-sighted volvo driving bug-eyed sunnys',oh, and of course a 9v battery :rolleyes: