The Corroboree
incognito

Goldcoast members

Hiya :) I'm considering a move to the goldcoast next year around march April to be closer to my kid- she's in worongary. What are your thoughts on the area? It seems very expensive. I'd be looking at a two bedroom

Residence that would allow me to have my staffy there as well. Doable? The expense of the area is what's making me baulk. I've got to attend aptitude testing for a job I applied for on that g:link tram line in feb, but I've spoken to hr on the phone and they have basically said they want me due to my community services, hospitality and heavy machinery operating experience. I've been contacting by two hr dudes from the company enticing me to make the trip. Thing is I own a place here (central west nsw) all my fam live here and I have their support- we r pretty close. But I miss my hold terribly and this is an opportunity I could live closer and be more involved in her life .

I've got a pretty good job here and the cost of living is cheap.

Gold Coast would be a different story and I would have to rent, fucked if I could afford a house there, and rent my place here out (would anyone here be keen to rent it? 180 a week three bedroom house on 3 acres)

Anyways I'm wrestling with the idea, if I was debt free and had like 30k to deposit on a house there I would do t for sure- the thought of paying 300+ a week for a two bedroom appt where I couldn't have my dog and live on a week to week basis irks me, but I would do it for her and to be more involved in her life I think the tram driver job only pays like 60k a year.

If there are any rich chicks out there who wanna date please let me know, I'm a great cool and fantastic in bed and don't smell to bad either.

Of all the places my ex chose to live its gotta be the fuken Gold Coast :( grrrr life u are a cunt sometimes- nothing's ever clear cut

Edited by incognito

Hey bud im not 100% but I think you could get a flat or something mt tamborine for a couple hundred a week. A work mate pays pretty cheap rent. Nice part of the world

Sweet :) what's the consensus with renting and dogs up there?

Checked out real estate.com there's a few places around the 200 mark. Ill email them regarding dogs. I would find it hard to leave my fella behind!

The ex reckons mt tambourine is the to as well.

Edited by incognito

Most places on the GC in that price range will let you have a dog if they can meet it first and its not crazy.
The GC is bursting at the seems with staffords and Staffy X's so most people know they are nice dogs.

Your best bet is looking in the Tweed, Nerang and Oxenford, plus their surrounding suburbs.

Your best bet for cheaper rent on a semi-rural setting is down Tweed/Bilambil-Heights area.

Maybe you'd be eligable for an NRAS house?

Good luck.,

Edited by AndyAmine.