The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Fungal pathogen?

So I applied some MycoApply to the few cacti I have left yesterday. Went out to look at them this morning and noticed these unusual looking patches. Not sure what they are or what's caused them, but they look like they may be a fungal disease. Fairly certain they weren't there yesterday, but then it's difficult to believe that it could happen so fast. Thoughts?

post-6300-0-11483900-1384469679_thumb.jp

post-6300-0-83678100-1384469685_thumb.jp

There are some patches on a few other plants too, ranging from sunken depressions to areas which have gone dark green with a translucent appearance, as if they're beginning to rot from within.

Really hoping this isn't some kind of infectious fungal pathogen.

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

Edited by tripsis

:( Sad to see marks like that on such a good looking plant :(

You didn't splash something on them. It looks like a burn to the skin if it wasn't for the marks being right down in the V I would have thought sun burn from something being splashed on them.

Cheers

Got

It is! They're developing so quickly too.

The only thing I may have splashed on them is MycoApply, but I was applying the dry powder directly to the soil. It was windy, so it may have blown on or splashed on once I watered it in, but it seems very strange that such a product could cause this.

Edited by tripsis

I did have a quick google to see if there was any wetting agents in it but you are saying you used a powder form so I doubt whether that is it.

Are the marks all over it or are they just on the one side. If its only on the one side and especially if its the side that gets the most sun you would think it has come from an external source.

Cheers

Got

Mostly one side, but a little on the other. The others with marks are little more random. I actually do suspect it's the MycoApply, but it doesn't really make sense to me either.

Guess I'll just see how it develops over the next few days. Really hope it doesn't lead to rot, especially in the seedlings...