The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
goodude

a thought on the contents of cacti...

so we all know that some rare cacti contain illegal stuff like mescaline (not the lettuce variety). its shown that the alkaloids responsible for this build up over time. so the older the cacti the more illegal alkaloids it will contain. so im wondering if one takes a cutting from an old plant whether the fresh growth from the cutting will naturally have a higher alkaloid content...... this would then make a lil plant an old plant which makea its more illegal??? argh laws confuse me!

peace

From the cacti forum rules which are pinned at the start of the forum.

Also as the drug law in QLD is worded such that plants that contain illegal substances are therefore illegal and as Torsten will attest this has been enforced I will not allow discussion on potency of any mescaline bearing cacti, nor on methods to increase potency, or for that matter any questions on injestion of such substances. There is one exception and that is the linking to or discussion of scientific literature on the subject. We are treading a fine line and as all this information exists on this website and others where people can easily search for it I see discussion of it as a mute point.

I am not trying to be a wanker but this is very important especially at this time with new laws coming into effect.

Cheers

Got

• Like 5

Look, i really cant believe i need to say this RIGHT NOW but these posts are actually the reasons why we are faced with the risk of some cacti being banned and it pisses me off. So, if everyone would please stop endangering the cactus collection of countless growers by asking questions they could easily find an answer to within five minutes by using google and show some respect to our cactus rules which we´ve created in a desperate attempt to keep plants legal in Australia; well that would be great! Thanks. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 10