The Corroboree
planthelper

how to place a hotlink as signature

hi!

ok, I did my homework as good as possible and tried to solve the issue, without asking the forum, but failed.

I worked out as well, that this is maybe, not a problem caused my my pc.

I think, it happens to other people as well, because I noticed some members url's in the signature field, are "grey and don't work as a hot link".

I used to be able to add a hotlink to my signature field, and when I wanted to update my signature, instead of being "click able" the url stayed grey and doesn't work as hot link.

another member told me, that his toolbar, at the signature field, displays a BBCode mode switch (top left).

but my field doesn't display a BBC switch.

many members have hotlinks displayed in there signature field, so I don't want to miss out either, please help.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

Ok

When you are editing your sig.

1. Write something to be used as the "link". You will see "WA Monthly meet" in mine
  2. highlight what you just wrote (in my case "WA Monthly meet" will be highlighted)
  3. Click the link button in the tool bar (under the size option, looks like a chain)
  4. Type/paste your URL (www.mylink.com)
Edited by eatfoo

I did it step for step and it did not work.

I will try a few more times, but than I will give up, because it will drive me insane.

I think it doesn't work because, the tool bar is grey.

the symbol to click say's "link" when you put the curser on it.

I am confused why you say, www.mylink.com

I want to place my youtube playlist for the time being.

Edited by planthelper

yeah, it doesn't work. :(

the chain link button made no difference. :(

I managed before, without clicking any buttons, what is wrong?

is your field grey?

do you have a switch button at the signature field?

those answeres would help me to find out what is wrong, this makes me very unhappy....

My Link button goes red/pink if i hover my cursor above it.

Please be aware that you need to have text highlighted before clicking the link button.

The link button is meant to turn any text into a "link button". Notice the word "turn" in the prev. sentence links to yahoo.com

The switch Icon (the top left icon)...

If your toolbar is greyed out, you need to click the "switch". The link feature doesn't work for me if BBC code is off.

eatfoo, I said it 3 times now, I have no "switch" at this field.

and ask people how to get my switch back,
or how to circumnavigate this problem.

I don't have much need to turn my link into some text!

my signature field used to work, but now it doesn't.

I have an idea how this issue could be circumnavigated, as I now believe it has to my pc's fault.

I change my password, and ask a fellow moderator to place the link for me, than I change my password again.

As recommended in other thread.

I would upgrade to a more modern browser :).

I don't wanna drag this out but, it used to work, and I don't like changing browser, never have.

the ie ought to do it as well.

I am worried firefox will not be welcomed on my pc, and will have issues with the ie, even if I make ie default.

I am a 100% loyal person, it's almost impossible for me to change things.

anyway, I can't believe that this is my only option.

is google chrome as well a browser? if so than I would have 3 browser installed and this is not good for a pc, even I know that.

so nobody knows how to fix this, without an other browser?

Did you try typing in the BBCode tags manually?

Will look like this:

[ url=http: //www.youtube.com]link[ /url]

but without the spaces.

and the result is

link

• Like 1

Edit: not showing up for some reason. Sit tight...

Edited by ballzac

My Music 

Just copy and paste it into your signature edit box. It will look like this:

My Music

If you want it to say something else, just change "My Music" to whatever you want.

thank you eatfoo and thank you ballzac for all your efforts and time, now I am a happy camper! :):wub:

to show my gratidude, I invite you for a gangbang, once I manage to have a relationship with a strawberry woman.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 2

to show my gratidude, I invite you for a gangbang, once I manage to have a relationship with a strawberry woman.

Don't think I won't hold you to that :lol:

• Like 1

Glad you got it to work.

Yes Chrome is also a browser. You are wrong that multiple browsers = trouble. While there is a REALLY REALLY small chance there could be a problem if you had all 3 at once open playing a different java game on each, you would never have an issue.

Most folk on this forum would have an average of 2 browsers installed each. But switching browsers does take some time for you to get used to.

• Like 2

Glad you got it to work.

Yes Chrome is also a browser. You are wrong that multiple browsers = trouble. While there is a REALLY REALLY small chance there could be a problem if you had all 3 at once open playing a different java game on each, you would never have an issue.

Most folk on this forum would have an average of 2 browsers installed each. But switching browsers does take some time for you to get used to.

I think I would have invented new swear words having to learn, "new how to click",

so it's all good now.

i often read here firefox is the best browser, so i know your advice was sound.

sometimes, similar programs can create some issues, in my case it's, the software of various digital cameras, and the similar software, which was already installed on the pc.

btw, my pc came without discs, and has no, "set back to factory settings button" i will contact manufactura (acer) and ask them to send me the discs?

Edited by planthelper

You can ask, but disks are not standard anymore. You normally have to ask for them before you purchase your PC.

Now days, if you want a backup disk (start new disk) you have to burn it yourself using some windows feature.

Doesn't sound like you need a factory reset though.

If your computer came with an OS but no disks, there should be a partition on the HD that has the OS installer. I can't remember for sure, but I'm guessing you have to boot into that partition via a BIOS option to run the installer.

I hope other people learn here as well.

I just spoke with the technical support and they will send a repair man to my house.

and yes, the drive has been partioned, and the pc has a recovery system installed.

all is well! :)