The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drugo

The Tripper's Guide to the Galaxy

Some psychedelic film-art I have been making.

This film is designed to support idiosyncratic augmentations of consciousness and is subject to the constraints of the viewer's psychoactivity and imagination.

**WARNING** avoid watching unless the following conditions are set in motion:

HD video projector, good sound system, persian rugs, mercurial surroundings, and, most importantly, cherished compounds and entheonauts. Optimal time for beginning the film is during peak sensory and molecular flourishing of the cherished conditions.

Best to download Original (1080p) version. This requires you to log in (or sign up, its free) to Vimeo upon which the Original file (4GB) will become available to download. Do not blame me for this rigamarole. But role the rig into download action and your senses will be carved to indispensable depths.

Music

1. Steve Reich ‘No. 1 Fast’
feat. Emperor Penguins

2. Brian Eno ‘Dormienti’
feat. Weddell Seals - on land

3. Max Richter ‘Shadow Journal’
feat. Weddell Seals - underwater

4. Isao Tomita ‘Stravinsky, Infernal Dance’
feat. Weddell Seals

5. Tetsu Inoue ‘SpirIt of Data’
feat. Weddell Seals

6. Coil ‘Telepathine’
feat. Glacier in Canada then Wind Harps of Taylor Valley

7. Alice Coltrane & Pharaoh Sanders 'Shiva-Loka'

feat. Weddell Seals

Immortality

Audio:
Analogue recording of people having sex (no FX) but slowed down 600%.

Edited by drugo
  • Like 3

pip pip tally ho Drugo.

Thankyou mang.

I've time to kill this evening - now to find a spot on the floor,bully the cat out offa my fav rug and immerse myoneself.

• Like 2

Thanks ya'll. Glad it's been enjoyed. Be sure to flood your serotonergic pathways with the appropriate chemical keys before watching Guide to the Galaxy -- while projecting it large onto the wall. The film is intentionally minimal to excite the heightened imagination into colouring the gaps.

Glass roots, thanks!, yes the glow in the dark piece is disturbing, much like the world of money, status, fame, and high-end fashion. The film is meant to be less a kind of entertaining piece and more a kind of commentary on certain pervasive cultural ideals. The very real and dark side of success, if you will.

More to come...

For those interested: I've done a radical (and final) arrangement of the Tripper's Guide, adding a lot of new music and film, and some general tweaking also. It really has come together with this final edit. Be sure to download the 5gb file for total sensory orgasm affect.

Enjoy!

This film is designed to support idiosyncratic augmentations of consciousness and is subject to the constraints of the viewer's psychoactivity and imagination.

HD video projector, good sound system, persian rugs, mercurial surroundings, and, most importantly, cherished compounds and entheonauts. Optimal time for beginning the film is during peak sensory and molecular flourishing of the cherished conditions.

Best to download Original (1080p) version. This requires you to log in (or sign up, its free) to Vimeo upon which the Original file (4GB) will become available to download. Do not blame me for this rigamarole. But role the rig into download action and your senses will be carved to indispensable depths.

Music

feat. Emperor Penguins

2. Brian Eno ‘Dormienti’

feat. Weddell Seals

feat. Weddell Seals

6. Coil ‘Telepathine’

feat. Weddell Seals

For those interested: I've done a radical (and final) arrangement of the Tripper's Guide, adding a lot of new music and film, and some general tweaking also. It really has come together with this final edit. Be sure to download the 5gb file for total sensory orgasm affect.

Enjoy!

Music

feat. Emperor Penguins

2. Brian Eno ‘Dormienti’

feat. Weddell Seals

feat. Weddell Seals

6. Coil ‘Telepathine’

feat. Weddell Seals

Edited by drugo

so the 1st track, of the first video, is by steve reich.

I have never heard of him, but I could have sworn it was music by Gottfried huppertz (metropolis).

I did some research on reich, and found no reference to huppertz, but I am sure reich is aware that his music sounds like huppertz. I just love it if musicians, give reference to there influences...

drugo, in case you haven't heard and seen metropolis, please do so, I assure you you will love it and even learn a lot.

the movie was created by the genius of fritz lang.

• Like 1

Interesting, planthelper. I have seen Metropolis, though not for a long time. I will watch it again, now, thanks to your observation.

The Steve Reich track is from an incomplete series of works he did called The desert music & John Adams Shaker Loops - in case you're interested. I did change the track though (got rid of the middle of it and also dubbed Emporor Penguins over the top).

Re Metropolis, I recently enjoyed the Tarkovsky classic Solaris (1972). It is much more psychedelic than Metropolis imho. And it is simply amazing. I especially liked watching it while considering the idea of 'solaris' (the sentient, mysterious, oceanic consciousness) as a symbol of psychedelics. The metaphoric quality between the two resonance is uncanny!

thx 4 the info about Tarkovsky classic Solaris (1972).

I will check it out right away. :)

• Like 1