The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
EthnoGuy85

Tricho seed trade

I would like to trade some seeds. I'm really interested in getting some interesting Aussie seeds into the states mostly of named clones but anything that's uncommon here would be cool too. Mainly looking for things like Yowie, Pyscho0, Fields Pach, Eileen etc.

My list of tradeable tricho seeds are as follows:

Macro 'Paul' x OP

Scop x Pach

Pach x Scop

Ayacucho x Pach

Validus x OP

SS02 x Bridgesii

Spachianus

Also have some

Golden barrel cactus seed

Passiflora incarnata

Virginia gold tobacco seed

*EG85*

Are your validus op seeds from zelly?

I reckon if you're growing one of these plants from seed the benefit of the seeds coming from a named clone would quite possibly be negligible - especially considering that at the end of the day these plants are all sourced from the same gene pool of plants in their respective native countries. They haven't been cultivated in isolation in any place for a long enough period of time AFAIK to make a tangible difference to the offspring of an Oz clone vs. random seeds from Peru or what have you in terms of variability and diversity.

I'd say you'd have just as much luck genetics-wise by just getting your hands on a bunch of seeds from any old place and creating clones of your own via the natural genetic variation that comes with growing from seed. I'm sure that's how the ones you mention came about after all :)

Eileen doesn't flower often from apparently, I have never seen seed of it. There are some fields pach x psycho0 getting around also some T roseii x psycho0.