The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
EthnoGuy85

Help with Ariocarpus graft

I was recently gifted 5 Ariocarpus trigonus plants. They look to be 5-7 yrs. old I would guess if not older. The friend who gifted them to me didn't know much about them as he had them passed down to him from a cacti nerd friend.

They got sunburnt and he decided to give them to me. He shipped them bare root to me but they had to have been bare root for around a month because they were severely dehydrated. I have them all potted up and have got them growing a little now.

My question is if I wanted to graft them where would I cut the ariocarpus at just below the tubercles or on the subterranean stem?

Or should I just let them grow this season and wait to graft next growing season?

It is summer here so temps are hot and they are growing not dormant....

Thanks for any help guys

Oh.... And this is my first topic post :)

*EG85*

Hey EthnoGuy

I wouldn't start chopping up 5-7 year old Ariocarpus trigonus. I personally would continue to grow these plants and put down some seeds if you want to graft.

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

+1 to what Got said.

That's kinda the way I was leaning Got.

I'd hate to lose one o them anyway. They seem so woody and coarse I imagine they would be difficult to graft at this age anyway.

Thanks for the input guys. I'd rather not risk losing one on account of me wanting to try and graft one anyhow.