The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tizocAu

possible T . Peruvianus Need I D

Question

Im doing a trade although im pretty certain its a trichocereus iam not that talented to ID this plant at 100. I believe it to be a peruvianus could I get a confirmation please. Thanks in advanced. She beautiful! post-12597-0-63187000-1376453447_thumb.jpost-12597-0-23436200-1376453725_thumb.p

post-12597-0-63187000-1376453447_thumb.jpeg

post-12597-0-23436200-1376453725_thumb.png

post-12597-0-63187000-1376453447_thumb.jpeg

post-12597-0-23436200-1376453725_thumb.png

12 answers to this question

agreed id also go with peru

Mmm possibly icaros t.peru

Really?

I agree it's a Peru of some sort but i don't think it is Icaros DNA Peru.

The pics below are Icaros I have growing

Nice plant you have there mate

post-10315-0-79964800-1376640510_thumb.j

post-10315-0-67874200-1376640533_thumb.j

post-10315-0-79964800-1376640510_thumb.jpg

post-10315-0-67874200-1376640533_thumb.jpg

post-10315-0-79964800-1376640510_thumb.jpg

post-10315-0-67874200-1376640533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Getafix

I think that cactus could change dramatically in a different growing environment... looks healthy

but I think it would definitely fatten up alot in ideal conditions.. its hard to tell by that older stump what the adult plant looks like exactly,

but it could be a surprise or maybe not, for sure the spines look cool... i've got a couple that are red heads with darker spines and they are nice to look at .. :P

as far as macrogonus... I think its a myth, a legend, a hoax

its the area 51 of cacti, everyone knows theres a place out in the desert where ppl call their fat blues by that name

and there are sightings reported everywhere, numerous little shops which celebrate their existence! but just no hardcore proof, but perhaps the cactus world is being prepped

for a disclosure eh

I have a few cacti that came with that tag

1st: Cutting labeled Big Mac, looks more like a Tarmaensis, grows very fast blue green color honey brown spines which start blonde

2nd: said to be from RSB seed labeled Big Mac, looks more like a cuzco

3rd: looks like I would hope a fat peruvianus would look like, prostratish looking with darker brown spines which start dirty blonde

4th: Macrogonus ssp Ebay seedlings that look more like Fat Porcupines, remind me of Tacaquirensis or something, spines maybe bent but

appears to be more like an optical illusion cause theres so many eh

5th: Macrogonus ssp Ebay seedlings that look possibly like fat Peruvianiods, but with more gnarly looking spines than imused to seeing, a different ssp ebay, more lighter greener tho and remind me alot of Validus

Edited by Spine Collector

Is t santaensis the same phenomenon as the macroganous. They both seem to be peruvinoids

all the ones on ebay look like bridgesoids @ santaensis and same with the plant that Solaritea has

MS's remind me of a peru x bridgesii plant, but I have yet to see this one get thick like those

but I look at those, and I think, im sure I could eventually cross enough cacti to where I could get plants that could pass 4 those

yall haven't been truly confused yet... but when you are ready I will unleash my

Atocongo-ensis into tricho politics..

yeah, can't call it a cuzco, looks funny for a peru, maybe not a pach, everything you didn't think you would see in a cactus

will make your tummy curl, and bro I don't exxagerate, this one is Beeeeeautiful... its a real mystery passed down near Lima by what is said to be an ancient tribe still which is still in existence today, they are a camera shy group who seem to be picky about who they'll accept as friends from the outside world, many of whom have taken on normal lives in the material cultures surrounding, only to return back to their villages at regular intervals in secret... where they shed the suits for their very deeply religious and spiritual pursuits... indeed a true secret society, as none of you have ever heard of them...

But ironically, they were featured today on Galavision... some of the most interesting people you could ever look at
I really don't know how to describe it, and they were vague on television about how they use the cactus in their mystically inspired

rituals... but I found it fascinating, these ppl literally cover themselves in cactus paintings using special dyes that can only be obtained deep into the mountains... and they cover themselves from head to toe with this elaborate art, at various times through the year ... they have only been seen once performing their rituals, before that it was believed to be completely mythic

and that my friend, is how ppl make shit up to sell cacti

shrugs

I think the original pic in this post looks like a very standard Peruvianoid, more like one in its younger stage to be frank

as far as the Macrogonus Phenomenom... the nicest way to put it (my opinion) with the most sincerity is

most ppl either retain the name for collection purposes and were likely passed it down from

someone who used that tag for the purpose of selling a cactus, or for the very same thing, just retaining the name from the

opportunist who did it b4... I can't believe someone would just say "ooh thats looks more like A Macrogonus, i'll just call it that" unless they did it for money... and I can't rule out, some ppl just love hype ... those type of ppl can really be annoying to me but they serve their purpose in the gist of things lolol We all know these ppl who make up shit are out there! Pretending they aren't there isn't gonna help organize the tricho species lol but that wouldn't stop me getting a cactus if I think its pretty :P now, not having enuff space... well if thats possible , then thats a different story :P

Im sure theres some Pach/Peru Intermediates going around as Mac but I don't even think the Intermediary thing is the case

but I clearly define that as an opinion based on my own observations, its just like people who have a fuckload of PC Pach, would be

reluctant to say "Oh maybe its not a pach just a mutt" eh but its probably is... the best idea i've heard yet is Pach x Scop , sounds reasonable, but thats really not good enuff lol

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't judge a cactus but its appearance eh :P

personally I think the plants in the photos above, are nothing like the Santaensis, not even MS's which do appear possibly more Peruvianoid....

don't let that take away from whether or not you think its pretty or not

but I must disclose that my opinion is not intended for consumption purposes.

hate it or luvit

grab my ears and stick my tongue out

The confusing thing about Santaensis is that the various specimens on that thread and on ebay, look like they might have features of several different plants from bridgesii to peruvianus and Pach and maybe other things eh

I struggle to put my trust into collection site data but thats just my personality coming out

and I guess thats technically all we really have to go by so why not eh...

shrugs again

Reminds me alot of the Goji berry Contraversy...
Many Many Many people have purchased Tibetan Goji, for its numerous health giving properties

however there isn't a such thing... theres L Barbarum and L Chinense... someone even made up another

L. Chinensis which doesn't exist ...

but if it puts a smile on a city block farmers face, to say MY Gojis are the special Tibetan kind with the most antioxidants!

well, I guess thats all that really matters

well he person I am getting a cut from originally thought and bought it as a peruvianus, he asked me if I thought it was a satenensis after I gave him the webite to trouts notes.... so I guess he right about it being peruvianus, I also told him I thought it was so.... tot op it off I fell the santanensis is just another peruvianus, with the gingers :)