The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
irabionist

Animation Appreciation Collective

Ever feeling bored and don't know what to do? Well then this is the place for you!

Alright, so I study Animation and I love animations (what a surprise!). So I've decided to make a thread where all those who appreciate the art of moving drawings or animated inanimate objects can post some loving beautiful, weird, funny, sad, and awesome animations that they find!

Especially now that I'm in the middle of attending MIAF (Melbourne International Animation Festival), there are so many epic-ly great animations that I've seen that this seems like an awesome place to post them!

Anyway sit back, and enjoy!

Edited by Sabry
  • Like 2

DyE - Fantasy Music Video Clip

Directed and Animated by Jérémie Périn

Some more of Jérémie Périn's work

Edited by Sabry

Now this one is just epicly awesome! Made by The Animation Workshop in Denmark

https://vimeo.com/58179094

Supposedly attempting to make it into a TV series I believe or an actual movie, unsure at the moment

Here's an "animated poem" by Nick Cross, as he calls it. Kind of weird but awesome. He made it in a way so that you could watch it from an ypoint and it'd still have the same impact.

https://vimeo.com/62456806

Alright, so I study Animation and I love animations (what a surprise!)

Neat, I was studying animation last year also. But because I already knew everything they were teaching (after self-teaching myself for several years), I dropped it.

What program do you use?

Haha, yeah it's all general animation knowledge but I enjoy it because it's kind of forcing me into continuously doing animation after animation and kind of improving my skills :P
But I usually use Flash, and every now and then Photoshop. However, we've been learning TV Paint, which is ridiculously awesome! It's like an animators dream program :P

Haha, yeah it's all general animation knowledge but I enjoy it because it's kind of forcing me into continuously doing animation after animation and kind of improving my skills :P

But I usually use Flash, and every now and then Photoshop. However, we've been learning TV Paint, which is ridiculously awesome! It's like an animators dream program :P

I love flash, it's what I've been using also :)

I eventually moved more towards the scripting side of things though, I'm more of an ActionScript expert now than anything else.

I'll have to check out TV Paint though, I've never heard of it before.