The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon Daze

chasing Passiflora lingularis -sugar fruit

Hi I'd love to get some seeds if anyone has them. I know them quite well from PNG. Willing to pay or trade.

They are like a regular passionfruit but have a different taste and are very sweet. The leaf is a love-heart shape.

also known as Sugar fruit, Sweet granadilla, or Grenadia

Cheers!

post-8867-0-85247300-1371372605_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-64675400-1371372631_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-31532400-1371372644_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-42537300-1371372654_thumb.jp

post-8867-0-99060100-1371372677_thumb.jp

1.1268470101.whole-granadillas.jpg

1279166244-28.jpg

fgndeth ed.jpg

Granadilla.jpg

passionfruit.jpg

1.1268470101.whole-granadillas.jpg

1279166244-28.jpg

fgndeth ed.jpg

Granadilla.jpg

passionfruit.jpg

Hey,

I have two seedlings of this, seed selected from the sweetest fruit available. They are possibly the best fruit I have ever eaten and I wonder why they aren't more popular. They seem to be quite happy with the cold here in Perth. Mine are seedlings and just starting to climb and to grow adult leaves. I'm thinking that two is probably the minimum number of plants I should grow in order to get pollination and to ensure I get at least one though to the summer. Unless you have something I really want like P. elata (hot lips) seeds or viable Brugmansia sanguinea seeds, Stapelia flavopurpurea or Stapelia cedrimontana I dont really want to trade. I am happy to earmark the first seed for you if you send me an email on flingwing at live dot com dot au. The other option would be to talk to someone who is working up that way, there are lots of people on FIFO work up there. I'll have an ask around too.

Cheers,

Cool , Lemme know how you go with your first harvest and we'll trade some seeds. I should be onto a few by then I expect.

They are a fantastic fruit and definitely nicer than a regular passion fruit. Good luck :)

I've got a couple large plants, ~2 y.o., they haven't fruited yet, but I expect them to either this summer or next - if I remember I'll let ya know. Really cool plants tho, love the HUGE leaves...surprisingly hardy too, I know a lady who lives in the mountains who has a plant taking over some trees! They don't seem to show a mid-winter funk like my P. edulis either.