The Corroboree
TrailBlazer

Organic filter tips for organic smokes

I quit smoking but thought I might share something I designed a while back to go with my organic tobacco I used to blaze up.

I used to smoke organic manitou tobacco with unbleached hemp papers. The one thing that was missing was filter tips so I came up with this idea!

I grow organic cotton for different uses for my family, Its a bloody good tree to have in the garden!

So any way mates this is what I used to do hey.

Take some fresh cotton and pull it apart into nice long lengths. Take a rolling paper and put the cotton in the paper just like you where rolling a ciggy.

The tricky part is getting the right density and tightness of the cotton inside the paper, Roll it up tight but not to bloody tight or it will be to hard to suck through.

Only takes a few goes and you will find a amount that you like hey. Once its rolled and sealed up simply cut it up to your desired filter tip lengths and hey presto, Organic filter tips :)

You can roll different thickness for thick or thin etc. And the best part is they will degrade in the enviroment unlike the commercial synthetic shit!

Hope that helps a few smokers out there. Try and quit if you can mates, But I can feel the pain your going through if you can't!

Cheers.

Edited by TrailBlazer
  • Like 6

hey, cool idea. does it seem to filter as well as the commercial ones?

I think it does. The filter tips are way more brown mate after a cig than say ranch or venti filters so I take that as it catching more tar hey.

The important part is getting the density right but after you have had a few goes its not hard to get the perfect filter!

Cheers

The Burmese use corn husks for filters in there traditional smokes/ciggars

very nice

i've been thinking for years someone needs to invent and market organic biodegradable filters

i had imagined something could be made from bamboo or hemp, or even a multi-use carbon filter of somesort, but your way is much more DIY friendly.

cotton is a great idea. i guess in theory u could use commercial cotton balls, but not as cool as GYO cotton :)

• Like 1

Nothing beats GYO ! :)

There is no excuses why one couldn't make these commercially, Even big tobacco could do it and save the enviroment in some bloody way but no that would be to easy!

Even if it creates one less ciggy butt clogging up the eco system I will feel I have achieved something :)

You can use commercial cotton balls hey but then you might end up with bleaches and other crap defeating the purpose hey.

Happy you liked it.

Cheers.