The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
slayertat

Pach

Ok so I am going to push through my guilt over my plant abuse and ask for some advice on my sick Pedro's.

while I manage to get good results with any other plant i grow, I just could nt get cacti to work.

these plants are over 4 years old.

I moved them from pots to the garden over a year ago andpretty much just gave up on them as they never looked good no matter what I did to them. Now i think they deseve to be given a better chance.

What should I do to get them to thicken up and green up??

sorry for the pic I just took a quick pic on my phone before the sun began to shine on them

post-1097-0-75600600-1364180606_thumb.jp

post-1097-0-75600600-1364180606_thumb.jpg

post-1097-0-75600600-1364180606_thumb.jpg

more info on what your doing to them might help! soils/ water shedual / sunlight

Ok a year ago when i put them in the garden I dug a big hole then put a layer of gypsum then filled it with Premium Potting mix. They get some hours of full sun but I will have to sit out and time it, water schedule, none as its been raining all the time lately. I have given them some seaweed fert on occasion

they look etoliated from not enough sun to me, either that or yellow from too much :P you'll have to decide that. I'm guessing not enough from the stretching, so I'd give them ferts too, seaweed is not a fertilizer, it's a tonic. Powerfeed I find good for trichs. and maybe some dynamic lifter around the base, just a little though. and keep giving them seaweed too.

Peace

Extremely dehydrated, extremely nutrient deficient and not enough sun either. They will revert to normal growth/Color if you change all that. bye Eg

Ok a year ago when i put them in the garden I dug a big hole then put a layer of gypsum then filled it with Premium Potting mix. They get some hours of full sun but I will have to sit out and time it, water schedule, none as its been raining all the time lately. I have given them some seaweed fert on occasion

Its not nearly enough for plants that size. Get yourself some commercial fertiliser and fertilize them on a monthly basis during the growth period when its warm. And you will be amazed how healthy they´ll look! :)

are you sure they're even pedros?

Yep, always had good reliable honest service from Herbalistics, with high qualtiy plants.

Can't really confirm or deny what they are based on h'stics selling a variety of trichs.

If you bought one of their listings as pachanoi, then that's what it'd be. (in context to whatever a 'pachanoi' actually is, i.e. people calling what is dubbed the predominate cultivar (PC) a pachanoi, where the ecuadorian pachanoi is more so recognised as the real 'pachanoi'. afaik.)

Their current listings of 'pachanoi' have two seperate clones, one as 'el pedro' one as 'san pedro'. Both essentially clone lines of what are traded as collective 'pachanoi' around the world.

• Like 1