The Corroboree
worowa

Wanted-Enoki culture for Gorse project

So I managed to lose my amazing enoki culture during a move interstate. Amazing because it fruited on agar in the fridge and survived for a few years on the plate. This was the one and only culture I left for my partner to deal with, because enoki never excited me, but she really wanted it...

Anyhow, a neighbor has a big gorse problem, and has asked me to help. Apparently enoki grows on gorse in Scotland.

Happy to trade...I've got Ganodermas (Reishis), Pleurotus eryngii (King Oysters), Hypholoma sublateritium (Chestnuts), Milkies (Calocybe indica), plus a few others.

I've also found a wood blewit (Lepista nuda) patch, and a Birch Bolete (Leccinum sp.) patch, which I'm trying to isolate pure cultures from.

Also happy to clone or propagate material for others-I've got a good set up now.

• Like 3

No worries.

Shall pm you.

Think I have a couple of slants.

One I just found appears to be fruiting in the fridge.....

Interesting about the gorse!

• Like 1

intrigued....gorse is a fecker of a weed.

I know a bloke experimenting with extracting the oil from it for biodiesel.

• Like 1

Hmm, I wonder what is left after the oil is extracted for Biodiesel? If it's steam distilled, the left overs could be ideal for shrooms.

The consideration for the "waste" I think was for potting mix/soil amendment/compost fodder, but substrate is very good thinking