The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomy

doubling up prescriptions

I have no intentions of doing this if its possible; but hypotheticly :if a person was to scan a legit script and email it overseas what would than stop them from filling there script from there local chemist therefore doubling up? . i wouldnt like to see this sort of illeagle activity happen but is it possible.

I used to do this all the time with melatonin and tryptophan. In a benign sorta way. I had no problems getting scripts for them, but just didn't see the point in bothering my doc all the time (been getting the stuff for many years). So I send a copy of a repeat script to one supplier and a few weeks later to another. If customs asks for documentation i would just fax them one or two of the scripts as needed. As only a small percentage actually gets checked, you end up using the script 3 to 5 times per item. Never tried it with more difficult kinda stuff though.

so if i new someone with a legit script and a legit problem they could attempt this without any real fear of repocutions mmmmmmm now who do i know that gets interesting scripts??????????

Guest electro

dont they call into the database to heck if the script is valid ?

I mean they didnt used to (why u could steal the docs script book) but to stop that i thought the doc had to fax/email/etc the number of the script (with what it is for) off to the database which then gets checked bny chemists when they process scripts ...????

at least this is how i assume it is working now .. otherwise why does it take so damn long to get scripts filled at chemists even when there is no one else there ...

'(they couldnt be calling the docs themselves, theyd constantly be on the phone)...

i dont know about os chemists though

electro:

(why u could steal the docs script book) but to stop that i thought the doc had to fax/email/etc the number of the script (with what it is for) off to the database which then gets checked bny chemists when they process scripts ...????

each script is numbered and the doctors are meant to remember what number they were last at to stop people stealing them. and chemists are meant to have the eyes of a hawk when it comes to spotting forgeries... judging from the doctors handwriting you'd think they're the ones whacked out on rx drugs.

electro & twix -- we are talking about overseas chemists. they do not have access to oz databases. Only customs may have access, so you never use the same script twice with customs. but as customs only opens a small number, you can always reuse the script that customs didn't ask for.