The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Slippery_Noodle

Lucid dreaming

Ive looked all over the net and found a couple of different techniques of envoking lucid dream states, some of which seem to work better than others. I was wondering which technique others foudn the best? (assuming some of you practice lucid dreaming).

Also anyone here who hasn't been to the link to Claude de Contrecoeur's work it is an absolute must, life changing stuff it is.

------------------

-Befor you critisize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way your a mile away from them when you critisize them and you have thier shoes.

i learned lucid dreaming as a child after

reading that a person can change his/her

nightmares.

i know different ways but that is what i did with 10 years:

instead of beeing scared to die again in this

dessert dream i said, once i see the dessert

"I KNOW I AM DREAMING" but this time i will not walk till falling over,I WILL FLY to a

lemonade stand and i want to meet my prinzess

there aswell and yes it worked.

i was so scared of my nightmares and suddenly

i could hardly wait to sleep so I COULD FLY

AGAIN. its sort of easy to learn with repatative dream condext because YOU KNOW allready what will happen and than when you see it smack bang you become aware and sort of capable of major decision making even whilst sleeping.

one has to train it like meditation or say again and again the same thing(so its in the subconsioness) in my case that was:

if i thirsty walk the dessert i know i am dreaming...

this days i dont fly often in my dreams, but

at one stage of me life i managed do to it even during the day. sometimes it makes a sound when you return in your body.

i find astral traveling dangerous compared to

shrooms sometimes it does not ware off fast like drugs do...

strong tabaco can help to lucid dream as calea.

my best lucid dream is still very clear to me

even now.first there was very bright light and i just wished i could have recorded

the music that went with this dream it was

unspeakable nice, brilliant, euphoric,....

i dont care if you believe me, but in this dream i fell from the sky into a australien

aboriginal shamans circle. i never felt better in my life than when i comunicated with those black elders without talking.and those men (no women there at all)obviosly knew me from long time before

and gave me respect and this glow inside my body.

If dream symbolism, however personal, represents facets of waking life, and the ability to lucid dream means the ability to manipulate dream symbolism, does it follow that lucid dreaming can effect changes in the psyche that carry through to wakefulness?

Guest electro

i used to lucid dream (i think thats what you'd call it), but only when i was very mentaly unwell. (ie pre lithium & epilim).

It developed from surreal childhood night terrors into real life remote viewing scenes.

I saw many muggings, rapes, several murders and many places that couldnt have been "created in my head", as one would immagine a dream is.

Details down to blood stains, access paths, locations of fence padlocks (complete with bolt cutter markings) and projectile damage were almost always confirmed days to months later in places i had never been before and only came across by accident (tipped off usually by a sence of de-ja-vous once at the area)

News reports co-incided with my lucid(esq?) dreams, always following and never preceeding the dreams.

Be warned that having complete control over movement and time in remote lucid dreams is not enough to protect you from what you actually find, especially when you know it could have a high likelyhood of being real.

I only say this so that you are warned of the negative aspects that can come with the remote lucid dreaming.

As a note of interest, i saw a documentary on remote viewing which claimed that the us military used remote viewers to confirm suspected targets in the gulf war

i think that lucid dreaming gave me the

abillity to change aswell the pathway a haluzigenic expierence might go.

if its "full on" for example and very scary

i ask kindly for music instead of having to kill again or getting killed and so on.

never try to be boss of "it" otherwise it will

show you who is "boss".

on a nicer note:

often after talking to people i do what they

do in there dreams. so for example having scubadive dreams(i can breath water)after hearing my friends scuba dreams or my

favorite, taking a break of nightmares or

even nice dreams by smoking a cigi.

astral sex is great too.

What about Calea Z-------- (not even going to attempt the spelling) Have any of you tried that/ With any success? I ordered some but it has not arrived yet. My dreams are actually quite vivid anyway, though i have no control over them

Guest Mesqualero

What happens in my lucid dreaming is that when I am faced with a challenging situation in a dream.. say people are chasing me and they have cornered me on a cliff face I will start to get worried "oh no they will surely kill me" and a voice in my head will say something to the effect of "but this is only a dream, just jump off the cliff and will yourself to fly"

When i have the realisation that I am dreaming everything becomes brighter and more real but this state does not last long if you have not stored enough personal energy..

If you want good Lucid dreams no sex, no wanking biggrin.gif

I think Lucid Dreaming and Astral Travelling are two different thigns though...

In my understanding when I am Lucid Dreaming I am still part of a dream reality but I am aware of myself and can control my circumstances within the dream...

But in Astral Travelling I have left my body and I am not in a dream reality but in my own house walking around thinking that I am awake...