The Corroboree
qualia

Will Recreational Marijuana Get the Green Light in Three States?

^ you can bet colleges in those states are going to be deluged w/out ov state applicants.

• Like 1

the article i read said the stores won't open until jan 2014. and will be separate to the medical infrastructure that currently exists.

the stores won't open until jan 2014

does the article say why?

i can't see why any retailers or tokers would wait any longer than for the bill to become law.

Well the bill isn't law yet as the governor hasn't signed off on it. During that time state officials are trying to work out what the feds are going to do once they start trying anything. The feds haven't commented in months, this is the latest comment from October 20th.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole, in comments to "60 Minutes" posted on Saturday to the website of CBS affiliate KCNC-TV in Denver, said his office's stance on pot would be "the same as it's always been" if voters approved legalization.

"We're going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of marijuana and we're going to go after those dangers,"

I don't think i'd want to open up a business if it puts me at risk of violating federal laws.