The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

lagochilus inebrians

How are you all,I hope somebody is still trying to find out what chesteya bud is,I still can,t find anything resembling it,anyway I have another plant I am trying to find,maybe someone knows where I can obtain seeds or plants of Lagochilus inebrians(Labiatae),I think,also known as intoxicating mint,thanks for reading.

see ya Andrew.

As far as I know nobody in the ethnobotanical community has L. inebrians , I get the impression those who do have it are being elitist and not wanting to share it with our community.

I know something that resembles those pictures of "chestya bud" but it's highly illegal heh heh. The very fact that those pics looked so much like pot suggests the marketers were more worried about appearances than effects. Certainly nothing I've ever heard of comes close to being similar in effects to marijuana, unless the word "mild" is thrown in which basically means a placebo or a weak relaxant/depressant (boring). But I will be interested to learn the ID of the plant in those pictures.

Lagochilus is a bit of a holy grail. It grows only in a small area of Uzbekistan just north of Afghanistan where people are butchering each other over religion and other silly stuff. While war is raging there it will be unlikely to source this plant. An asian company claimed to be supplying the dried herb, but their marketing stopped soon afger it started - their reputation wasn't that crash hot to start off with and I think they just went a little too far trying to rip people off this way.

Every now and then this plant is traded furiously on the internet, but so far everytime it turnd out to be a fake. It's just ruthless people using it as a top bargaining chip in their swapping games. There are a couple of groups who are quite dedicated to getting this species, but unless they are Taleban I guess they don't have much of a chance.

i have some real seeds i bought some of the herb in a bag about a year ago and in the flowers they had 4 tiny seeds so i took all the seeds out. i planted 5 of them and 3 grew one got really really tall. they all died because once they get big enough they dont use hardly any water and i kept watering them so they died.

i would recommend planting them in sand

i still have some seeds let and i planted some only one sprouted but i am willing to trade them all if someone is interesting im sure a few will sprout i have maybe around 20-30 left

should get maybe 10-15 at the most out of it

maybe as little as 8. i am guessing.

if need be i can plant some more and take pics to see if they sprout.

pm me if your interested.