The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
veritas

Caapi and viridis opinions/help

Hi guys

I am thinking I should give a quick intro of how I came to be here as this is my first post.

Firstly let me say I have always loved plants and toying in the garden has been a passion of mine since a very young kid.

I had heard of the strength and the light a few years ago through different interviews and such and never thought too much of thinking it was something I would delv into when I finally get to s.America for a holiday. But after the last few months something seemed to be drawing me into really going deep within myself and contemplating some thing I have never really thought before which somehow drew me back to the strength and the light, capped by channel 7 little expose which I saw as a definite sign. So after doing a few more weeks research I ordered some little guys (Thankyou SAB).

I had just started tinkering with outdoor hydropnics (tomatoes and peas mainly) and have some success so I thought I would give it a go with my new purchases. I took one of each and put it in its own bucket. I have read many times that they love humidity so I also built them and little green house as best I could using work materials and bundling film. I have attached a link to some pics in which you can see the setup. They are against south facing wall so at the moment not really receiving any direct sun although the sun does hit the side for some time at the moment. Does this look like it will be a working set up? I am not sure about the large gap with no film I have at the bottom. I give them a spray each morning with warm water and there is also a bowl of water in there with them. They dont seem to be doing too much although mr c does look like there are a couple of shoots growing. Luna on the other doesnt look like she is doing much at all.

In the pics you can also see ones that I have potted. I also built them a little greenhouse, with small hole at bottom and top, with a bowl of water, spray once a day and water every couple of days making sure the soil doesnt dry out but these really seem to be struggling. I have ordered a soil moisture reader so I am wondering if I have the soil moist enough but I am not sure. I am using a premium potting mix with 10% perlite. There are no bugs on any of them but they dont seem to be happy (v leaves are droopy) :( I have one v in a pot inside at a south facing window and she seems to be doing ok none of the droopiness. The main thing is I want these little guys to be ok so if I am doing anything wrong or have any suggestions please let me know!

http://s1154.beta.ph...tas999/library/

Edited by veritas

They look fine to me!

My Caapi has doubled in size in approx 2 months in a cheap greenhouse from Crazy Clarks...

I have read of people losing leaves once they get their package, I guess I just worry that the 'greeness' of them isnt there like it was when I opened them up, its spring they are supposed to be happy :)

wellcome to the forums, have a pleasant stay.

i might suggest to you, to search and read old topics (which you obviously have done already) about caapi and viridis, the search button is on the top right.

Edited by planthelper