The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mimzy

Clinical trials

Hi all!

This is my first post on The Corroboree. I've had a long time love of gardening, plants and their medicinal potentials, and I just want to say what a wealth of knowledge we have here. I've got a lot to learn!

Through reading these forums I've come across alot of threads in which members debate (sometimes quite heatedly!) the effects and doses of certain plants. My background is in science and clinical trial design, and I just wanted to put my skills out on the forum, so that if anyone is conducting a trial, or plans to conduct a trial in the future, I might be able to help (volunteer wise of course)!

I hope to get more involved with the community here!

Cheers,

M

• Like 1

Welcome mimzy,

I would like to think the debates here are full of passion not hate, but you have to wonder sometimes.

( Lets call it passion :) )

You have an interesting work background & I'm shore your skills & knowledge will be useful here.

What are some of the things you like to grow.

Lots and lots!

I grow most of my own veg; lettuce, carrots, eggplant, tomatos, snow peas, cauliflower...

For medicinal purposes I grow just the basics - aloe vera, calendura and echinacia, but I'm looking to expand once i get some more time on my hands.

For my own purposes (not quite sure how to phrase this) I've got some psychotria viridis, though I think I might loose these soon, they're a bit ill looking :(

• Like 1

Irie Mimzy,

(Funny enough my daughter's nickname) Welcome B)

Grab a leaf of the P.V. before it croaks and plant it up, you may still have time to save it!!

What sort of climate do you live in???

Yep, it's Passion!!!

Respect,

Z

Edited by Zaka
  • Like 1

Thanks for advice Zaka, I've done just that. Hopefully I'll get some nice little grafts taking root. Climate is temperate - NSW coastal.