The Corroboree
sc001

Growing Banisteriopsis caapi help?

That link is taking me to an ad for a UV light. Which is almost useless for growing plants. A good starting point would be a cool white (6500k) cfl and you could do with a higher wattage.

UV rays are useful for increasing the production of some proteins and other chemicals but they are not essential and to keep the plant alive they are not even needed.

Phillips CFL's in cool white are rated at 6500k and they come in many sizes.

That link is taking me to an ad for a UV light. Which is almost useless for growing plants. A good starting point would be a cool white (6500k) cfl and you could do with a higher wattage.

UV rays are useful for increasing the production of some proteins and other chemicals but they are not essential and to keep the plant alive they are not even needed.

Phillips CFL's in cool white are rated at 6500k and they come in many sizes.

how much are the shops? on ebay there is one for $12 inc postage, and its "cool day light" would this do?

how much are the shops? on ebay there is one for $12 inc postage, and its "cool day light" would this do?

I just looked on their website and the phillips "cool daylight" are the ones listed as producing a 6500 k output, not the cool white as I suggested earlier.

So that would be a good place to start.

I can't help you with the price as I haven't bought any for a while.

I absolutely love this forum. I just received 4 healthy, green 6" cuttings from Florida and am trying to determine the optimal rooting method. They will be in a large planter (indoors for the moment) then on my balcony. I am in Arizona so it seems my biggest concern is humidity  (or lack thereof). Any pointers welcome. Also, has anyone noticed soil types and Ph that are more successful? Thanks! Jess