The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The_Crack_Fox

help my mimosa survive! :(

ola compadre's!

i've had my MH from sab for a few weeks now, and they have only gotten worse.

they cant support their own weight so i prop them up but it seems like they want to fall over..

also they drop leaves like deadheads drop acid.

can anyone help?

either that or if you live in the brisbane area and want to take them off my hands and nurse them back to health, you can have them free of charge.

peace and love.

perhaps shock from post etc, try keeping them in the shade and in a humid environment, like a bottle over the top. give it some food and don't over water it as compensation. ive had similar things happen with plants through the post, but they generally spring back to health. once it starts looking better, poke holes around the bottle and ween it off the extreme humidity (up in brisbane that may not be such an issue anyway, won't need to ween as much as me :) ).

good luck mate,

dio

Tie it to a stick to train it to grow straight.

i have it tied to a stick but it doesnt seem to like that :(

ill get a new pot/humidity bottle and some plant food.

cheers guys

My mims have gone between horizontal and vertical and back again quite often, they seem to be very wind sensitive, and any sort of weight (water etc) on the leaves and branches make em droop quite a bit. I've never had anything supporting them just letting em hold their own :)

Theyve been living in the shade house most of their life not going to move them out till they are stronger.

Even had one snap in the wind, it healed itself and after about 2 months it had straightened itself back up couldn't even see where the damage was

Where abouts are the leaves dropping from? Mine dropped quite a few leaves but only from the bottom end of the plant.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that they are pretty tough, just maybe try and keep it out of any sort of breeze until its a bit bigger :)

mine did the same when i got it. i gave it a feed and put it in the sun and it came right as rain in a few days.

they are pretty sensitive to changes, so make sure they don't dry out, but also don't keep them too wet.

did you repot? it might just need to adjust to the new soil.

any chance of some pics?