The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shadowthecastle

If only...

Been doing a bit of reading and watching on Jodorowsky.

If you haven't already seen El Topo or The Holy Mountain, I highly recommend lending them a few hours of your time. It's such a pity things didn't work with Dune as it's passion and pontential have roots that I think everyone could gain something from (imaginably even the masses). Perhaps the documentary coming will in itself have some effect?

Edited by shadowthecastle

who knows what it would have been like. i still think lynch's movie is a classic though.

That vid isn't showing for me, I can watch it if I copy and paste the the url into my search field though.

I'll keep an eye out for the doco

Edited by SallyD

Link should be fixed up now, let me know if its still not up.

who knows what it would have been like. i still think lynch's movie is a classic though.

I agree but, I think the approach that Jodorowsky had towards the entire idea was different. I find it sad that even with todays market on (pseudo-)reinventing classics, that it didn't get produced even with Paramount Pictures as the studio!

It will be interesting to see if anything comes about after the documentary is released. Hopefully it gains some attention.

It would be such a shame to see the idea just disolve into (web)pages of history.