The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Like p-90 pickups??

Interesting... How does it sound compared?.. Not a recording but the live sound through your amp? Also, what amp are you running through?

I'm assuming it would've warmed up the sound a bit, not quite as tinny as Fenders single coils..

Any probs with 50hz hum since you swapped?

the hum was an issue actually the first time I wired them in but I added some of that foil crap and it worked to a degree. the front pickup has none really now, but the back has a little at higher levels. Sound is amazing. I think the match is perfect actually. Only problem was getting the pickups in the right spot as I had to basically dig out a larger cavity in the body which is an old surf greenie so its worth a bit and I was thinking it might devalue it (which it probably has).

the major draw back with the fender Jag is teh live sound - its really tiny and has no punch up loud - and im talking both the US and jap single coils. Yet is sounds great recorded and has a nice sharp trembly, icy bite to it. So Ive swapped pickup a few times and in the end decided that I really wanted a big p-90 fuzzy sound and chucked them in.

I did also find some guy selling pickups that are supposed to sound like p-90s in a jag single coil shape but they were a bit expensive.

Seymour duncan quarter pounders sound almost like P90's. Single coil sized.

Put some tv jones pickups in your guitar!