The Corroboree
niggles

Ebay cactus - expensive? You decide.

not TOO bad, at least it isnt multi thousand dollars and there is no PC. if i had a spare 400 i would probably buy :P

It is a desirable looking package, but Im pretty sure these forums can provide better bargains, with a little patience :)

• Like 1

lol i knew someone was going to talk about this here...

in my opinion, the price is actually pretty fair, it's just alot to pay.

I suppose i would probably think og buying it if I were still in my impulsive collecting phase.... but now I HAVE A PLAN!

I carefully premeditate my cacti purchases for maximum garden benefit. $400 will go a long way with a bit of planning.

1 large tub $20, 2 light fittings $10, 2 24w CFL flouro's $14, a bit of electric cord, $2, old lead with plug free. Under $50 and u got urself a light box. Sprout cactus seeds and strike pere cuts on same day. 4 weeks later, graft those babies to the pere's and sit back. Even with poor skills i'd expect over 50%, loph pere grafting is easy. I expect 100% when I do it. 1 box contains 48 pots, so 1 year later u have 48 30mm size lophs, most with many pups, 2 years on u got a box full of multi head 50mm heads.

Only question now really is.... Can u wait a year or two?

• Like 8

Naja I will join your cult and make me a light box. Sounds like fun.

It was 300$ starting bid before he added the trichs into the sale, its gone through with no bids 2 or 3 times already. And even then the postage then was a crazy amount...Dreamin :lol:

Pretty sure that was a different package Goldtop. It sold for $200 after being relisted a couple of times with a couple of different sellers. What I find suspicious is the pics are exactly the same for the other listing.

All in all though, It's not a terrible price, pretty steep, but not insane. I think naja's theory is much more viable and cost effective though. Patience is a virtue.

There were a couple of decent ones recently, but the listing were deleted. Prices weren't too bad on those.

Nah it was this same one tonic, he had 300$ starting bid, 500$ buy it now! And the generous bloke was even gonna throw in 20 -30 seeds :wave-finger: With a cuple trichs now tho, hes got a bid. At least it never got sold for the buy it now price. The lophs on here would go for 150 -200 i rekon. Damn ebay

Pretty sure the other ones sold mate. I was watching it. I swear I saw it sell :wink:

Maybe I'm just tripping?

Was that the 'hollywood' one? And the old mother for 500? I was contemplating buying this one weeks ago when he first put it on. Im certain it went through with no bids. No big deal but, its gonna be sold this time

edit, I remember the spelling mistakes! and the petty seeds! Im sure its the same fella selling it this time

Edited by Goldtop

No mate, that was a different seller. I just emailed the seller and he did sell another batch of 3 for about $200.

Those other ones that were very expensive were very tempting, I must admit, but too expensive for me. They didn't even sell actually, wonder if they will be relisted?

Shame those other ones I mentioned got deleted.

EDIT: Haha, yeah I remember that about the seeds, Though am sure he put 20-300 seeds in error...or was it? A conundrum indeed.

Edited by tonic

Yea i saw the 300 seeds i thought for sure it was a typo! Weird man, i remember i was ripped as looking at the pics for ages, the exact same ones as this time. And that different looking coin in the pics with the mature looking loph. Im sure of it dude, I definatly remember this being the one im talking about! :scratchhead: Somethings up with this seller, or i am majorly mistaken.

Yeah it's a bit suspicious I reckon. Same exact pics for both listings. Though I can be pretty paranoid sometimes.

Oh and...the seller offers pick up apparently, so if you are local I guess you could save $100 if you picked them up. I am considering it, but have spent way too much on cacti lately as it is.

Nah its not just you, very strange. It was like 30 or 40 bucks postage, the first time without the trichs. Pickup would be the best option. At least youll be able to pay when you get there. None of this reusing pictures for different sales bullshit, who knows what ya bidding on if hes sold the ones in question. 3 Bare rooted lophs for that much postage cost, Fucken money hunger man