The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mesq

The Doof "DanceFloor" (Assorted Ramblings of a Dancer)

In the Gnostic gospel Acts of John, even Jesus danced and said to his disciples, "To the Universe belongs the dancer. He who does not dance does not know what happens." :)

This is a great thread cheers for starting it Mesq and Reality Pixie, great read and info might add a experience sometime when i can find the words for it :P

Wow a revival of a really old thread I love it :D

For anybody interested I will be talking at length and with much enthusiasm at an event in QLD called Techgnosis about the dynamics of the dancefloor... If anybody caught my presentation at Entheogenesis Australis, I will be elaborating on some of the ideas that I put across... Mostly to do with Music/Trance/Dancer Relationships.

I love dancing, especially to some nice and twisty psy. Used to be all bout the punk rock and made fun of ravers.Now I have crossed into the dark side and love this psytrance shizzle! Oh and gimme some of that fuzzy synth deebee by pendulum- "is this bass really strong enough? - wah wah wawah wawawah-wawah" Hehe love it!

Anyway I gotta say that I've definitely felt a sort of shifting energy on the dancefloor, I'd be drawn to places around the dancefloor and certain objects, a nice uv banner usually does the trick ;) I mean I guess it's all a matter of what you've taken but there is something about trance music that seems to unlock that trigger in you then bam! it's like waking up!

To me the greatest thing is the feeling of liberation! It's hillarious like a great cosmic joke, that moving your body around to the beat, being creative with you're dance moves (even if you're pretty unco) and just looking like a raver tool is so fun! You realise that you may very well look stupid and you remember the times you laughed at tools waving glowsticks in front of their eyes - and now you are one of them - you are them you realise that just as you judge everyone else you are being judged also but it makes no difference because we are a collective whole, it's kinda like kicking yourself in the nuts - whats the point?

and then you get some "woooar fffwoooaarrr shwiiiiwoooaahhh wah wah waaaahhhh roooowwwwoooaaaaarrrrrrr"! and space/time starts to fragment, your senses are split into layers and you start dissolving.

yeah raves are fun

There are alot of good papers on Doof Mystical experiences..

recently UQ Honours Student Matt Soltau completed his Thesis : Spontaneous Shamanism: Shamanic experience at psychedelic dance parties. Which is fairly comprehensive.

He and I will be most likely speaking on such things at Techgnosis in QLD