The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Korky

ayahuasca. ecuador or peru?

hey gang, have been rather absent from the board, consumed with some biz in Nicaragua but with that coming to a close i am looking into the prospect of visiting either peru or ecuador (for a couple of reasons), a substantial one being the belief that i could benefit from ayahuasca.

i have done the general google search but thought to ask around for some intimate or first hand knowledge.

if you could let me know if anything stands out to you it would be greatly appreciated.

looking at 2-4 weeks.

kootos.

Edited by Korky

Hey Korky,

I don't have any useful information for differentiating between the two locations but thought I might use my first-hand (intimate?) knowledge to agree that you could definitely benefit from ayahuasca :wink:

That's exciting, mano, very much looking forward to chatting on the other side of that particular river. I have a friend who once dated a Peruvian who looked amazing in leather pants, if that helps any...

Hey,

The indigenous people in Ecuador are very shy. I went to a marriage and some other things in a community, but that was only because I knew people who had been working with them since years and because my dad had done volunteer work. Otherwise I'd never had the chance to participate.

Other than that, shamanism is not as big as it is in Peru and it's not that easy to find a shaman unless you search a commercial tour.

Peru is something else. If you go to Pucallpa or to Iquitos you'll find markets with ethnobotanics and you'll easily find a shaman. The Shipibo people are very open towards western people, totally different mentality than in Ecuador. If you decide to go to Peru, get in contact with me through pm and I'll give you directions how to find a good female shaman. I've sent several friends, she has been a speaker on ayahuasca conferences and her husband even appears on a picture in plants of the gods, hehe. They are very humble and sweet Shipibo people and live in a really nice and reacheable town. From there you'll have it easy to find other communities and even try to contact the Matses.

In Ecuador: try to visit Banos, cute town with lot's of activities to do: volcanoes waterfalls, ...

• Like 2

I have a friend who once dated a Peruvian who looked amazing in leather pants, if that helps any...

I had a stunning girlfriend in Lima, but she was crazy as shit.

Colombian and Venezuelan women are the prettiest though, amazing women. Expect to be hit on the back of your head now and then.

Another thing

Julio from IcarosDNA organises tours (don't know if he still does), back in the days I went on a tour with him together with a few Ozzies. I chose for him because I used to buy herbs from him since years and he's an honest guy. The money goes to the community and you can notice that when you arrive that the people get boxes with books, school material and all that.

Back then it was 500 usd, probably now will be 100 or 200 usd more (a lot of money goes to gas), it was cheap for me as the euro was super strong back then. Ofcourse if you stick around towns like Iquitos you'll find a shaman, no doubt. But the good thing about going with Julio, is that you'll go to super remote villages in the middle of nowhere after 12 hours on a boat. You'll be reaaaaaallly far from civilisation. This is almost impossible without paying a guide. And if you want to pay someone, work with him. He's super nice.

We stayed there a week and lived with the shipibo's, went fishing with them, there were two aya ceremonies, we did forest walks, ate with them, all that, super cool.

Edited by amanito
  • Like 2

If anyone ever wants to have good contact details, just pm me. My friend Elisa is really, really sweet and she has a good vibe around her, her family is also lovely. After spending a few weeks in the amazon I lost contact with her (no cell phones) because of bad communicaton (my Spanish also wasn't that good as it is now) and I went to the airport with tears in my eyes cos I couldn't say goodbye. When I arrived I found Elisa and another lady waiting for me. She found out where I was and when I was leaving and went to the airport to say goodbye. That was very touching.

wow, thanks amanito, glad i asked.

Pm'ing

Colombian and Venezuelan women are the prettiest though, amazing women. Expect to be hit on the back of your head now and then.

Hey Korky,

I don't have any useful information for differentiating between the two locations but thought I might use my first-hand (intimate?) knowledge to agree that you could definitely benefit from ayahuasca :wink:

That's exciting, mano, very much looking forward to chatting on the other side of that particular river. I have a friend who once dated a Peruvian who looked amazing in leather pants, if that helps any...

peru it is.

she sounds Chilean...

im putting a vote in for argentinian women. gorgeous and everywhere.

I went to Ecuador and arranged an ayahuasca experience through a normal tour operator on the spot.

If I could I might have tried visiting a few different curandero's//healers (or even brujos//witches)

It's interesting to hear the healer I visited talk about the different healers of the region. What I understood is that each brujo or curandero has their own addmixtures to the aya brew.

I went to a Mr Andy Pasqual in the Lago Agrio region - only about 30 min upriver from Lago Agrio.

The good thing about Colombian and Venezuelan women: they are VERY curvy. Very beautiful, but superficial. Colombian women are friendlier and sweeter I think, while Venezuelan women can be obnoxious and kocky, but they have more self esteem, while Colombian girls can be a bit too cheap.

For example: I was with my wife in a Colombian store, while she was trying a wedding!!!!dress, meanwhile two of the salesgirls were hitting on me and asking me out: no shame, I found that a bit disturbing.

In Peru and Ecuador you won't easily as much beautiful girls like in e.g. Colombia, too much indigenous people, ...

In Lima you have pretty girls,though ...

Getting offtopic ...